SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

F Lock ISU

Former Member
0 Kudos

If an item (credit) has not cleared for example is waiting for a direct debit payment from the bank. Will it exist in the system with a ‘F’ lock ?  Or will be ‘F’ lock be added when I try to refund an item which has not yet cleared ?

3 REPLIES 3

0 Kudos

Hi Naga

I guess what you are saying as 'F' lock is actually a payment method indicator. For refunding a credit item, you need to mark the item with the payment method for refund ( 'F' in your case ), Once the payment run is executed this will pick all the items marked with payment method 'F' and refund will be posted.

thanks

Debashish

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naga,

I think you are talking about the clearing lock out here.

In SAP, if there are open Credit items sitting in the account, then they will get clear during the account maintenance run during invoicing or during the auto clearing job which normally runs overnight.

If you want to issue a customer refund, then mark the item for refund.

If you are planning to issue the refund immediately, then you can change the due date of the credit item to current date and run the FPY1 for generating the refund entries. Make sure that you run the auto-clearing or the invoicing run after you have completed the refund run.

However, if you are planning to issue the refund after a certain period of time, then you have to put a clearing lock against the work-item, so that it doesn't get picked in the auto-clearing or the invoicing run. On the day of generating the refund, you need to removed the lock other wise it will not get picked up in the refund run.

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your comments .. the comments solved my purpose