cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BP transaction, even in create mode i am getting only display screen

Former Member

Hi,

When i create a Business partner- Foreign Trade Organisation i am getting the screen in display mode only. I am not able to enter any details

in the screen. I did all settings related to activation in table TB056, I don't know what is missing in customizing

Can anybody help me

Thanks & Regards,

Ramji

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

This is because of an Master Data Governenance entry in table/view V_TBZ3Q.

Please go to se11 --> enter the view V_TBZ3Q and delete the line item, MDG001 (or) check with MDG consultant.

This is as per the note 2022299.

Thanks & regards,

Boobalan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Boobal.

Great!!! The answer is really helpful. The issue related to MDG only i suppose

Let me try and update you

Thanks

Regards,

Ramji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Boobal

It's working

Regards,

Ramji

0 Kudos

Genius ! I have been seeking for this solution for a week.

I do not know who you are, but Thank you veru much, Former Member

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

0 Kudos

Deleted Below two entry from Table 'TBZ3Q'.

BUPA MDG001 MDGS_BUPA_EVENT_FMOD1_MDG001 Bus. Partner Administration

BUPA MGD002 MDGC_BUPA_EVENT_FMOD1_MDG002 Field Modification for MDG-C

Tcode - BP

and BP creation/Change worked.

reneefila
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi ANIL KUMAR SURI

Have you found the solution? I have the same problem.

anilkumar_suri
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

I am facing Similar issue ....when Creating BP with Customer/Customer FI as BP role ....I am not able to see Sales Area as ACTIVE.

See Screen shot attached
bp.jpg

Will you kindly Suggest

Regards

Anil

former_member614617
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now I'm trying to maintain the account assignment group field in the customer sales organization information. After saving, I will prompt this error message. According to this document, I checked the relevant configuration of SPRO. I don't see any problems. Can you give me some guidance?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramji,

you are right it should not be changed... good it's ok here ! This is at BP level.

Did you check at activity type ? 02 change ?

Hopefully we find that there has been a changed there.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. I checked in activity type and business pasrtner type. As mentioned by you.

For activty type 01 and 02 few fields in addresses classified as not-specified i changed to optional entry. But still no change in creation and change mode. I checked in Business partner type level 0002 also

Configure Field Attributes per BP Role- BUP004

Configure Field Attributes per Activity - 01 & 02

Configure Field Attributes per Business Partner Type - 0002

There is no change in create mode and change mode. Except these two fields , all other fields are grey out only

Regards,

Ramji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramji.

I tried this already to check if this would help you. But didn't make any difference in create/change.

Please restore Not specified for Field attributes per Activity because that's how the setup is  in standard. It's "Not specified" in my system and i am able to change/create BP and enter value for the attributes.

There is something else which we haven't identified yet. Did you raise an OSS already for this?

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan,

yes you are correct. I tried all options advised by people.something is missing. Not able to figure out.Thanks for your reply. If you are able to find something please share with me

Regards,

Ramji

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI there,

It seems you look around...

Did you check the business partner role set up ?

for instance: Spro-> Financial supply chain management -> Treasury & risk managment -> basic functions -> Sap Business partner for financial service -> General settings --> Busines partner --> Baic settings __> Filed grouping --> configure Filed attributes per BP role

enjoy !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marquet,

Thanks for your response. Sorry for delayed update from my end. There is no field activated as Display .

Regards,

Ramji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Say rather Chris for my surname

So Tic the optional entry column and it should appear now...

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

If you see the image "Optional entry column" already activated for certain fields. For example for forms of address field already activated with "Optional entry" still i am not getting

Regards,

Ramji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , on your screen shot , left columun select adresses, then check if the fields you are looking to modify are in display or optional (should be in optional entry at least).

By the way make sure your are on the right business partner type.

You can also check the same customising menu, what about other level like client ? what are the status ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Entries are supplied by SAP for the following BP roles:

o   BUP001 - Contact Person

o   BUP002 - Prospect

o   BUP003 -Employee

o   BUP004-Organizational Unit

o   FS0000-Financial Services Business Partner

For example BUP004 is related to organisational Unit. This is standard fields, normally we should not supposed to change unless and until you require to. I am sharing the screen shot for organisation unit, wherein address "city","company postal code","country" and district chosen as optional entry. When i go transaction code BP, i am getting these fields grey out only

Regards,

Ramji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramji

You can reach BP Category filed group setting screen with T-Code BUSO , which is non editable

Also can you please check below area

SPRO - Cross-Application Component- SAP BP- BP - Basic Settings - Field Groupings-Configure Field Attributes for BP Role - Configure Field Attributes for Each Role Category

Please update if anything of these are helpful.

Thanks

Akhil..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akil,

Thanks for your reply.if SLFFTO is not there in Configure Field Attributes for Each Role Category that is the reason i am not getting change mode you are saying 

In that case FS0000 is there for that also i am not getting change mode, it is greying out

Thanks & Regards,

Ramji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave / Amandeep,

Thanks for reply . When i create by giving business partner externally i am able to save but not able to change fields. I suspect the issue with Authorisation profile . If i check for it whether the role /SAPSLL/SR_AES_MD_BPA i need to check or any other role is there.

Appreciate your response

Thanks & Regards,

Ramji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramji,

What it says when you try to save that?

Have you checked in SU53, do you find any entry there for your step?

Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amandeep,

I am not getting any entry in SU53. Also note i am able to save the partner but i am not able to update any fields

Regards,

Ramji

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramji,

Sorry to ask the same question again, but if you change between "Display" and "Change" modes (using the "pencil / spectacles" icon, do you get any messages?  Or can you see any differences on the screen between those two modes?

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. There is nothing wrong in asking again. I am thankful for  your reply. Actually when i am clicking the change mode the fields are not opening. I am able to save the Business partner that ensures i don't have any authorisation issue for the transaction code BP but the fields are not opening it is very strange to me. I am not able to find any change in create or change or display mode. I can find two fields related to phone number is open. As far as i know we are not setting anywhere the hidden, optional or display like we are setting for customer master in ECC. I am not getting any message as error that is the reason i am not able to infer anything from this error

Regards,

Ramji

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramji,

Thanks for the information.  In terms of the expected functionality, it's not making much sense yet.

Please try this, carefully following each step (and apologies if you have already done so):

1. Start Transaction BP.
  2. From the top menu, choose Goto > Initial screen.
  3. In the "Business Partner" field, enter the partner name for your Foreign Trade Organisation, and press <Enter> (the name & address fields should be displayed).
  4. Click the "Display<>Change" icon, or press <F6>.

Are the name & address fields now open for entry, or still greyed-out?

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your reply. The values are not able to change

Thanks & Regards,

Ramji

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramji,

From your screen-shot, I'm surprised to see that the FTO opened in the 'SLLFTO' role.  I would have expected it to open in the '000000' role.  Maybe that partner was only created in that role?

Please try again with another Business Partner; this time a Customer or Vendor.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave,

I created with 000000 as well. but the values  are grey out . I just want to highlight one more point here, Data line and Telebox both the fields are always open irrespective of option i am choosing .

I created for vendor and customer also same results. Is there any change required in Field grouping

Thanks & Regards,

Ramji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramji,

In addition to what Dave said, I will add that  BP can only be viewd in display mode , when you are accessing them from the GTS documents like Customs Declaration. But ,when you will try through T-code BP, you can find both the change and Display modes. Please let me know if, you can find one now.

Regards,

Aman

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramji,

At the top of the screen, there's a button to switch between "display" and "change" mode.  What happens when you click it - any messages?

Regards,

Dave