cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory Calendar update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hell All

For plant my client is requesting that 26 December 2014 be marked as a non working day. The plant is
all taking this day as one of their floating holidays and need it considered as
non work day in factory calendar to extend their Christmas break.

Is there any impact if we do this for other module etc.,,what would be best way if we do through open client or landscape.

Can anyone tell me how to do the same.

Regards

Ananthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member186667
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ananthi,

If your question has been answered or whether the problem is solved, please mark the thread as answered.

Thank you,

Liran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please tell me how to give points .

Regards

Ananthi.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

you need to mark the thread answer as helpful / correct answer then they will get points automatically. this is basic concept in Forum.

Hope you understand.

All the best.

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe that any changes to Public Holidays, Holiday Calendars and Factory Calendars should be done in your development environment (DEV), and a Workbench Transport will enable you to bring the changes to your quality & test environment (QAT) and eventually to your production environment (PRD).

Note that there are many discussion threads on Calendars available on this site and elsewhere on the web.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Remi,

While I try to create a workbench request it shows the target system deletes the Holiday calendar.Factory Calendar etc.,after moving the TR it deletes the initial and overwrites ?

when I try to check for transport conflict analysis it takes production logon which never happens before.

Also here I have made the changes for Factory calendar alone in special rule,whereas no changes to holiday calendar,for this case is it require to run the work schedule rule.

Regards

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wether a change was made to a Public Holiday, to a Holiday Calendar or to a Factory Calendar, the transport will pick up the content of all related tables and overwrite what was in the QAT and PRD environments.

I do the process a few times each year since we have many Holiday Calendars, and I have never had any problems.

If it is the first time for you to transport the "Calendars", perhaps you should first do a Table Compare (t-code scmp) between DEV and PRD of all the tables that are included in the transport.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you don't change Holidays or Holiday calendar then you don't need to generate ws rules.

former_member186667
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ananthi,

There are several processes that lays on the factory calendar:

• Factory Calendar effects work orders on the Plent Maintanence component.
  • Jobs (SM36/SM37) are sometimes dependant on the factory calendar (on non working days several jobs are configured not to be executed).

Regards,

Liran