Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to maintain segments for PORDCH03 (IDOC)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert.

I need to be able to create and change PO data from text file. For this i parse data from files, then I manually maintain segments for idoc, and then I send it by CALL FUNCTION 'IDOC_INBOUND_ASYNCHRONOUS'. So, for PO create I have no problem it is working right. But for PO change i have an error 'Document does not exist'. I tried to maintain PO_NUMBER field of header segmet manually.

For example:  e1bpmepoheader-po_number = 'XXXXXXXXXX'.

Where 'XXXXXXXXX' - number of already existing PO in EKKO table. But I stell have this problem. Maybe you know what I am making wrong?

Best Regards,

Mikhail.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

engswee
Active Contributor

Hi Mihail

For PO change, you need to maintain the document in the parent segment E1PORDCH.

So for your case:

E1PORDCH-PURCHASEORDER = '4500017477'

Do note that for any header/item fields that you want to change, you need to populate an 'X' in the corresponding field of the X structure as well.

Rgds

Eng Swee

5 REPLIES 5

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

sometimes it would be better to just tell what you typed instead of making the most relevant information anonymous with 'XXXXXXXXXX'.

Maybe it is just that you missed the leading zeros

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, no problem, I just don't think that it is neccessary. 4500017477 - I use this for example. As I understand, Type for PO_NUMBER has 10 characters. SO I think I shouldn't use leading zeros... Or i'm mistaking?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No this has 10 digits, hence no need for leading zeros.

What about the item number?

Former Member
0 Kudos

for PO_ITEM it is  e1bpmepoitem-po_item = '00010'.

engswee
Active Contributor

Hi Mihail

For PO change, you need to maintain the document in the parent segment E1PORDCH.

So for your case:

E1PORDCH-PURCHASEORDER = '4500017477'

Do note that for any header/item fields that you want to change, you need to populate an 'X' in the corresponding field of the X structure as well.

Rgds

Eng Swee