cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switch On versioning after the decision table is created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a custom application and created some decision tables etc in it. While creating and activating the application, i did not switch on the versioning and hence all the decision tables i created did not have the version switched on and also the switch is not editable. Now we have realised that we need versions to be created for these decision tables when ever there is a change in the content. I have turned on the versioning at the application level, but still the versioning option at the Decision Table is not editable. Can you please suggest on how i can change the versioning option on the Decision Tables now.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

On application level you can set the default for objects. You may have to manually switch the versioning on for your objects. In NW >= 7.03 you can use the mass change tool. Further the default can be set to enforced which will not let you change and activate an object unless versioning is switched on.

Anyway, I highly recommend to use the mode to version on transport and/or deployment (also on application level). This will make sure the current version is frozen whenever there is a transport or a deployment (with NW DSM only).

Do you have this feature or are you on an older version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carsten,

Thanks for the response. We are on 731 version and we have the option "Versioning for transported changes - enforced" in the Versioning Mode field at the Application Level. It gave me a warning that versioning will be switched On for all the objects in the application. I accepted it and when open my decision table, Versioning was "On". I read about this versioning option "Versioning for transported changes - enforced" on help.sap.com and am sure that this is the mode we want to use.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Kiran

carsten_ziegler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you see the following options or similar ones?

The second option should the one you take. If oyu take "Versioning Enforced" you will create a lot of versions because every active version is frozen and change will create a new one. With the second option (..by Transport and Deployment) you will only freeze versions that leave the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carten,

Yes. These are the exact options i see and i have chosen the second one (Versioning by Transport and Deployment) after going through help.sap.com and understanding what this option does. This is exactly what we need as we would be transporting the changes from Dev->Q->Prod all the time and it makes perfect sense to create versions only for the data transported and not every time we change the data in these decision tables.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Kiran

Answers (0)