cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization - Marketing Attribute

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have tried to find a way to add some new values in the drop down menu for the fields "Authorization to Assign" and "Authorization to edit" regarding marketing attribute. Unfortunately I can't find where in customizing (SPRO - IMG) to maintain these two fields, see below picture:

I just want to add a few more values (countries).

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Hannes de Richelieu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you assign the values you require to an authorization role in PFCG, they will become available in the webclient.

The valuehelp for this field calls function CRM_MKTBP_READ_UST12, which reads all assignments to authorisation roles.

select * from ust12 into corresponding fields of table et_ust12
  where OBJCT = 'C_KLAH_BKP'
    and field = 'BGRKP'
    and von ne '   '
    and von ne '*'.

So... you should assign the specific values to an authorisation role, and you're done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rijlaarsdam,

Really appreciate your great and detailed answer. I thought it should be more close to how you maintain "Authorization Group" but of course not:)

Do you know the purpose for the values ' ' and '*' ?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Hannes de Richelieu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hannes,

The values ' ' and '*' are ignored in the code, because these are not actual values of the authorization group, but are wildcards.

If a user has access to authoriation group '*', this means he has access to all groups. So when determining the possible values for authorisation groups, I suppose the developer decided these should not be in the list. Understandable.

Regards,

Pieter

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kamran_farooqui
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hannes,

Basically this relates to Authorization and for this you need to define Class maintenance authorization group & Classification authorization group, assigned to marketing attributes set should be maintained in the Field BGRKL in authorization object  C_KLAH_BKP & C_KLAH_BKL respectively.

You can give values as per your requirement. For more clarity I'll advise you can check this with Basis or Security consultant also.

These Values stores in UST12 (tcode Se16).

Hope above explanation helps you.

Regards,

Kamfrk.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamran,

Thanks a lot for you quick answer and valuable answer.

Best regards,

Hannes de Richelieu