cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS - same leave request deletion multiple times

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We just found one issue with the leave request deletion.

Scenario: Employee created leave request, it's approved by two level and posted to SAP.

After this, employee goes and deletes that posted leave request. Work item created for Deletion Approval.

And the same leave request, employee was able to delete again even the first deletion was in progress.

Manager/Second Level also getting multiple work items for the same deletion.

Please go through the following screenshot, where leave request has different document id for posted and two time deletion.

Every time employee hits delete, it creates new document id.

Appreciate guidance to resolve this. Is this common?

Regards,

Ashish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member575260
Participant
0 Kudos

Ashish,

U can implement small piece of code in the badi PT_abs_req so as to display error message if user is trying to delete the same request again .

I think this will solve ur issues.

When user is deleting the request u can put a code to get the status of the request if it is in withdrawn status then show error messsage.

Let me know if any issues.

Thanks,

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this how standard SAP application delivered?  I thought some SAP Note would be there to fix this.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

1718647    Deletion of a posted leave for which delete oper 1924080    Incorrect error message 'Approver does not exist.' 1814960    ESS LEA: Approver determination in ESS leave reques 1806182    ESS LEA: No (error) messages in ESS Leave Request 1902085    Incorrect messages are shown in leave request appl there are notes to be implemented as there was a bug

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddharth,

I have this error 'Approver does not exist.' only when employee edits/cancel leave request for an absence that has been directly created in backend.

If the absence is created though the leave request, the employee can cancel it.

Is there any other SAP Note for this? I have been implementing these notes, and error persists.

Thanks

Carla

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

how did you create the absence in backend? PTARQ or thru Pa30? Note in Pa30, leave is already posted. Please create a new thread for this.