Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

jar file upload and transport in Java webdynpro

former_member401472
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wanted to change do small chnage to the existing jar file in webdynpro jave application. I did change the jar file.

Question: Please let me know how can i include this jar file into existing application back and how the transport happend for the same?

do we need to copy paste the ne jar file(updated jar file) in local drive where it exists and do little chnage the application will create an activity. then move to test and prd  will that move the jar file as well?

appreciate your prompt help.

Thanks

Rag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Rag,

if your webdynpro application is of type DC , and the external jar file is added here via external library file, then you need not do any changes to your webdynpro application.

replace the existing jar file in your external library dc, with the new jar file , build the same , and if you have external lib deployable J2ee-server - library dc, build that and deploy .

now you can build your webdynpro application (dc) and deploy the same to the server . In this way the jar with latest changes are also getting deployed.

In case you have used the external lib directly to your webdynpro application with buid time dependency then build you webdyrnpro application and deploy.

This will incorporate the changes you have done in the external jar file.

In case you have external library only and no deployable j2ee-server->library dc , in that case just build your wd dc and external lib and if successfull build ,  deploy to the server.

If your webdynpro application is of normal webdynpro project then right click the project -> properties->java build path -> select libraries tab -->add external jar files-> here you have option to add the new jar , i.e browse to the location your new jar is placed add it to your project build your project and deploy

if you are working on NWDI activities, then first check if the external jar files --> external library dc is developed on the track , if yes check wheater it was checked out earlier , if not checked out when you delete the jar file in the library folder , it will prompt for a new activity if not it will not prompt ,  so please check that.

Now checkIn the activity of your webdynpro application as well as external library files.

in that way you can move the changes from test to prd.

Let me know if you are using External Lib file and webdynpro DC or only external jar and normal webdyn project. ?

Regard

Govardan

former_member401472
Participant
0 Kudos

i am new to this area,

what do you mean by external dcs?

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rag,

assume you have development component named as testone and another development component as testtwo   now testone is external dc to testtwo and vice versa.

what is your webdynpro application is of type Development component or normal webdynpro project ...

you can google fore development compnents in webdynpro java, etc you will find more websites from sap , that explain in much detail.

Regards

Govardan Raj

former_member401472
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Thanks for the reply.

properties says Type is project. So its means webdynpro project.

Like this have couple projects for same application. Under two are Jars, under these two jars i have to update my changed jar. Then the file used in another project.

I can see other project which is using this jar is seeing in webdynpro explorer.

But two jar projects are not showing in webdynpro explorer, but they can see through Navigator after i imported into location NWDS.

My request is i have changed the jar file from existing jar project and replaced it in local path where it is currently. but it didnt ask me the activity to deploy the same.

so how do i update JAR file and delpoy into server. and where can i see the JAR file been updated in server? i am how to deploy into server.

am inserting screen shots but its not taking it.

thanks

rag

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do you have any idea what is dc and what is normal project?

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi rag,

1) "Like this have couple projects for same application. Under two are Jars, under these two jars i have to update my changed jar. Then the file used in another project.

I can see other project which is using this jar is seeing in webdynpro explorer.

But two jar projects are not showing in webdynpro explorer, but they can see through Navigator after i imported into location NWDS."

here it shows that two are external library files having the jar file in the library folder.

2) "My request is i have changed the jar file from existing jar project and replaced it in local path where it is currently. but it didnt ask me the activity to deploy the same.

In this part , im not clear like how you were able to change the jar file without checking out the external lib dc , in the external lib, as i told earlier if it was checked out then activity will not be asked,

3) "so how do i update JAR file and delpoy into server. and where can i see the JAR file been updated in server? i am how to deploy into server."

JAR file cannot be deployed directly the way you deploy a DC or Webdyn pro project.

if you have changed the jar file , just build your webdynpro project that uses this jar file. and deploy the same . The new jar file gets deployed along with your webdynpro project.

if you want to deploy jar file, then you have to create a wedynpro development component of type j2EE-Server--library .

Then in Used Dcs add your external lib dcs assembly public part with build time dependency

go throught this blog you will know more about external jar file and its usage at run time.... and how it is getting deployed to the server.

https://scn.sap.com/people/bertram.ganz/blog/2008/11/24/how-to-use-external-jar-files-in-web-dynpro-...

Former Member
0 Kudos

DC development component is basically a Java project , ideally there is no difference between project and DC

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i don't think u have the proper understanding of component based nwdi development

former_member401472
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

In this part , im not clear like how you were able to change the jar file without checking out the external lib dc , in the external lib, as i told earlier if it was checked out then activity will not be asked,

Took jar from development configuration root folder path after importing into NWDS and changed the exiting jar file and

made jar and replace the same location of development configuration root folder manually.

Just replaced the updated jar file (like copy paste). That's why it didn't ask me the activity nor check out.   I didn't didn't see these external dc (java/jar) how to check out(like normal DCs). Needed help on this part.

Do we need to Add external Jars, or Jar or Add library Or Edit etc from properties of Java dc java build path. will this ask me the check out/activity?  --> need add Java jar DCs library   OR

to edit/add other DC library using these JAR file?

Thanks

Rag

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rag,

I need some clarifications , can u paste some screen shots of the external library file dc that you are using, and also paste screen shot of  the webdynpro dc where  you are using  this external library.

which version  of NWDS you are using   ?

Regards

Govardan Raj S

former_member401472
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

NWDS Version: 7.0.27

Sorry, SCN not allowing to insert messages.

Thx

Rag

former_member401472
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

pls sahre ur email contact then send you..

here new SCN not allowing file attchement/screen shot.

NWDS version ; 7.0.27

thx

Rag

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member401472
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Correct answer.. Its worked and thanks for the help.

Thanks

Rag

govardan_raj
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi rag ,

As discussed please close this thread , if the issue is solved.

Regards

Govardan Raj S

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it an external jar file?

To include any change into components in NWDI track, you have to do it through an activity(check-out) and then check in the activity with the changes.

Regards,

Sharath

former_member401472
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes it is an external jar file. and same file is using currently in the application. I did a change to same jar file and i want to keep it in same place and move to test and prd.

Please advice is how do we handle the jar file in the application. I mean how do i insert the jar file in current application, and how do i capture these changes move forward.

I know regular changes for Java webdynpro and transport activity check in to test and prd.

but i never worked with jar file handling with java wbdynpro.

appreciate your help.

I know that activity check in will move changes to test and ord.

thanks

rag

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it all depends

1.if you use the external dc correctly and no api signature change, you only have to deploy the ear dc

your web dynpro dc has only build time dependency to the jar right?

2.the change, if api signature change, you have to change for all the using dc and deploy them

former_member401472
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Jun,

I not sure what is mean by API signature, but my jar is in external jar dcs. And used in other dc as import package.

Yes, my webdynpro DC is biuld time dependency.

Let me summarize my chnage:

I took the jar file from local dir after importing the dcs and change the jar file. then placed it same location in location project project library path.

but it didnt ask the activity that time for change happen.

Please advice how do i include my jar changes to dcs and deploy into server as well as

how to create activity for this change jar?

Thanks

rag

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

method signature

for example initially it has two parameters, now you change to three

then all the dc which is using that method has to change

1.create activity

2check out the jar

3.copy your new jar to same folder to overwrite it

4.check in your activity

former_member401472
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok,

how can i change the jar dcs in order to check out. it has just jar only and i have copied new jatr jar file at that location in location drive. There is no place to change this dcs.

where as have chekout the other dc which is using jar import.

so how do i change the jar dcs (checkout)

what does mean of publick part. do  we need to any thing here?

thx

rag