cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Explorer Information Space

Former Member
0 Kudos

I canot find the FRS path for Explorer Information space in CMC, Information Space properties. Where does the Info Spaces will be stored?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jawahar, it's not in the FRS. Only in the CMS database as metadata and the indexes reside under:

~\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\Data\Polestar\index

To see all the info spaces run this query:
SELECT * FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS WHERE SI_KIND = 'DataDiscovery'

In SI_CONTENT  field the first line, property ID= will give you the folder name containing the index for that info space on the server.

OR

SELECT SI_CONTENT_ID FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS WHERE SI_ID=<SI_ID of the info space>

G.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks George. I did not find the Folder name when i run the query or in SI_Content field.

SI_CONTENT_ID did not provide the folder path of the infospace.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this:

1. Log into BI LaunchPad and right click on your Info Space -> Properties and get the 4 digit ID, for example 7197.

2. Then run the query: SELECT SI_CONTENT_ID FROM CI_INFOOBJECTS WHERE SI_ID=7197 and you will get this SI_CONTENT_ID which is the info space ID and also the folder name.

3. Then in the typical default location on the server it will contain that folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\Data\Polestar\index\<SIA>.ExplorerIndexingServer\Published\ExplorationIndexes

I'm assuming you only have one indexing server and that the info Space was indexed at least once.

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got you. I thought when you are referring the folder name, folder name in CMC. We have mulitple Indexing servers. So it is difficult to find the location of the info space in the data folder.

Thanks for your help.

Answers (0)