cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download/upload a Fiori App

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are downloaded  the fiori app ca_all_apv using the report /UI5/UI5_REPOSITORY_LOAD. And then imported the files into the WebContent folder of a new SAPUI5 project. Ideally i expected that if a build project and then run the application using Run As->Web App Preview and open it in Chrome, it would work. But it does not load. I can see the background image but not the split app.

Am i missing something?

Best Regards,

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to have TomCat server where you can deploy this project and run.

Instal tomcat in eclipse and then deploy the project to "run on" tomcat server.

You need tomcat 7.0 at least.

pls try that.

thanks

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

I have tomcat7 and it does not work too.

I am trying to view the 'App Preview'. App preview should show you the html5 UI without any data. Tomcat is not necessary for it.

There are other custom apps i have written which launch fine. But in this case, it is the standard app with no changes done to it.

Thanks for the help. Keep more ideas flowing.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is the error you are getting in browser? can you see the sap-ui-core.js file getting loaded?

thanks

A

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

Please take a look.

-----------------------------
You can set up the UI Developer environment for creating or extending SAP Fiori apps. See Setting up the Environment for Creating or Extending SAP Fiori Apps

----------------------------

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member : I get no error. I can see a blank screen.

I will review these documents and get back. Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki,

I took my time to go through all the links you provided. I setup the proxy servlet for running the application from eclipse and made the changes. However, it did not work.

So i started review all the application objects and i realized that the application script was missing in index.html. I checked the BSP application CA_ALL_APV in SE80 and noticed that there is no standard index.html. Is this normal for fiori apps?

When i created the SAPUI5 project in eclipse, it is then when the index.html was created. So, i added the application script as shown below.

<script>

new sap.ui.core.ComponentContainer({

name : "cross.fnd.approve.requests"

}).placeAt("content");

</script>

However, it still does not work. The console log now shows an error. For some reason, the application is trying to find the component.js under resources folder.

I also added the following line to the bootstrap to ensure it refers to the root directory.

data-sap-ui-resourceroots='{

"cross.fnd.approve.requests" : "./"

}'

and Former Member: What do you think?

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

There is no index.html. Fiori apps use XML view and apps are launched from FioriLaunchpad.html.

To test app on Tomcat, Fiori sandbox is provided as part of SAPUI5 SDK.

Please take a look Extending and Testing SAP Fiori Apps.

Section 4. Testing the Extended Application on the local Tomcat sandbox.

Regards, Masa

SAP Customer Experience Group - CEG

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Masa and Ashish. i've got it running in eclipse with the proxy setup.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am getting error while running in the sandbox enviroment even after making proxy setup...Please go through this thread and help me with this.

Thanks & Regards

Lahari