cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Import Format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I needing to added an new bank account within ByDesign, we are wanting to import bank statements automatically. However I need to create a new import format as there is not a standard import format for the particular bank I want to add. How do I create a new import format ?

Kind regards

Antonio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Antonio,

Each type of transaction on a bank statement is identified by a particular transaction code. These transaction codes are not globally standardized, and they vary from bank to bank as well as from format to format.

The system uses its own internal transaction codes to identify types of bank transactions. To enable the system to interpret the external transaction codes on your electronic bank statements, a mapping between the internal transaction codes and the external transaction codes that are used by each of your banks must be created. The formats that are predelivered with your system already contain this mapping. However, you can edit this mapping to fit your business needs. .

You define your own mapping in the Business Configuration work center, in the Activity List view. In the Fine Tune step, choose  Edit Import Formats for Automatic Generated Bank Statements.

If the same set of external transaction codes is used by several of your banks, the same mapping can be used for each of these cases.

For more details, please go to Help Center check ' About Import Formats for Bank Statements'.

Hopefully, this helps!

Regards,

Wendy

Answers (0)