cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Sign on to Query Designer from Analysis

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Launch Query Designer link is active on the Excel ribbon but a SAP log in screen opens up forcing a second log in when you click on the link. I am able to access the query and load it into Analysis so I don't understand why that connection information is not passed along when I try to open Query Designer from the link under Tools section of the ribbon. Has anyone found a way to have single sign on? We are running version 1.4.2.2625 of Analysis. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

If you have your SSO configured from Analysis for Office to your BW system the same SSO should be working to Query Designer. I will recomend you to check the configuration of SSO on GUI and also to check if you are working with Query Designer 7.x.

Thanks,

Diego Ferrary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diego,

Thanks for responding. I took a look at the configuration and it appears to be set up correctly but when I click on the Query Designer button on the ribbon a log in window pops up. I'm running Version 1.4.2.2625 of SAP BusinessObjects Analysis Edition for Microsoft Office and Query Designer is 7.X Support Package 5 Revision 718.

As long as I enter my SAP credentials in the popup window query designer loads fine with the query I was running in Analysis. I would like to avoid the need for a second log on.

Thanks again for your help.

Roger Kempner

0 Kudos

Roger,

As on my computer is working, could you please upgrade the AO to the SP6?
Please use link below to download it:

> https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap/bc/bsp/spn/download_basket/download.htm?objid=0120025231000045757920...'

Thanks,
Diego Ferrary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diego,

I'll give that a try. Not sure it will work in our environment since we are launching Analysis from the SAP Enterprise portal rather than through the BI Platform.

Thanks.

Roger

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Roger,

are you logging on to Analysis Office via the SAP BusinessObjects BI platform or are you using the local SAP GUI ?

In case it is the BI Platform - which authentication method is being used ?

regards

Ingo Hilgefort, SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

I am logging into Analysis from the SAP GUI. This currently gives our users single sign on to run BEx Analyzer and bring up Query Designer from within Analyzer.

Thanks for your help.

Roger