cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set BP_Grouping as mandatory

Former Member

Hi,

I know for MDG-C/S, i need to set the field groupings by client to make the attributes as mandatory. I want to make BP Grouping mandatory and I have added BUPA in the customizing. However, I cannot find the field grouping that corresponds to BU_GROUP field. Does anyone know where this is located at?

Thanks!

Luqman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which customizing are you talking about? MDG or BP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

In MDG-M, making fields mandatory in MDG is done by configuring the field grouping  properties. I assume (incorrectly it seems!) that for MGD-C/S, to make the fields mandatory, I should be looking at something similar.

Should I be looking at customizing on MDG instead of on BP instead?

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to setup mandatory fields on the BP level. this is how you can get to it. In MDGIMG, expand the "Master Data Governance for Business Partner" node. Then, display the help document titled "Set up Business Partner." Scroll down until you find a link called "Configure Field Attributes per Client." When you click that link, it will take you to the BP field grouping configuration guide in which you can indicate which field is mandatory. Only the "mandatory" field is relevant for MDG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abdullah,

thanks for the explanation. We're now back to the original question which I now realise is not very clear.

In the customizing "Configure FIeld Attributes per Client" I added BUPA and then I proceeded to find the field that corresponds to BP Grouping but I cannot find the correct field which corresponds to BP Grouping. I set the field "Partner Grouping" (Field Group ID 1751) as mandatory  but I dont see it reflect accordingly on the UI.

So which field will correspond to BP Grouping in the "COnfigure Field Attributes Per Client"?

PS: This is what I selected as Required. Not sure if Partner Grouping corresponds to BP Grouping but cannot find any other fields that seems to be more accurate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think that is the right field. If you click the "Field Check" you will see that field corresponds to a 10-char field called Group Feature. Even if you change that field to mandatory, the Grouping field in transaction BP still does not show as mandatory.

If you want to change the Grouping field to mandatory, you can do it in GenIL model (transaction GenIL_Model_browser) but enhancing the existing enhancement BUPA_CUSP. It can enhanced either directly in the GenIL model field properties or in the GenIL model handler class (you need to create a custom handler).

asha_prasanna3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello, I have a similar requirement. To make the field 'BP grouping' mandatory while creating BP.

Can you please guide on the steps to achieve this. Thanks.(No MDG)

former_member771682
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Have you found the solution on this? I'm looking for the same

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Luqman,

You can find the BP Grouping as an attribute BU_GROUP under the entity BP_HEADER of BP data model.

You can set this attribute to mandatory in various ways:

• Data Model level - Setting the Required Flag via MDGIMG->Data Modeling->Edit Data Model
  • BRFPlus Validations - MDGIMG->Data Quality and Search-> Validations and Enrichments -> Define Validation and Derivation Rules
  • BAdI: Define Validations/Derivations (USMD_RULE_SERVICE)

Hope this is helpful.

Best Regards

Uday Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can check entity type BP_HEADER