cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of Fiori Launch Pad in SAP Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to integrate the Fiori Launch Pad into the SAP Portal? Any Ideas, Links to Documentation,...?

Thank you!

BR, René.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I am trying to integrate Fiori Launchpad using the iview integration approach as you mentioned in this blog (http://scn.sap.com/community/enterprise-portal/blog/2014/07/17/sap-fiori-launchpad-on-portal-sample-...)  .

My Portal version is SAP Netweaver Portal 7.31 SP12  and the requirement I for normal Desktop category and no Mobile requirement.

My steps:

1)Created URL Alias for Fiori Framework Desktop

2)Done Rule Collection and Device Group Manager Updates.

3) I copied the "Fiori Launchpad Categories" iView template to my personal folder.

4) For the Category01 ID - provided the Fiori Launchpad URL , Order = 1 and Title

5) Assigned this iView to Workset and Role with as Entry point.

6) I did not import - OOB_Admin.epa as I already had the iView "Fiori Launchpad Categories"

7) I have also set the property in iView , No of Levels in Top level Navigation = 2

😎 In the point # 4 , it is mentioned about setting the 6 properties , Where do I find these properties to set ? I do not see these properties in the "Fiori Launchpad Categories" iview.

9) Also , I cannot preview the iView ( for FFP) as I assume this may not display in AFP  is Default Framework Page for 7.31 . With all the above steps , I just see a small SAP Logo at the Right hand side and nothing else , no Top level Navigation.  And at the bottom Left I see the Text " Remove Tile".

Please advise what other extra step I need to configure.

Many Thanks, Richa

former_member186852
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Richa,

What about back-end system Fiori component SP level

Thanks & Regards,

Meghal Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Meghal, there is actually no essential need for a backend to run fiori page and apps. Im running the scenario from mentioned blog as AS Java only, on EP 7.4. Im still not able to get the new UI designer run probably to design Fiori themes, but likely for other reasons. However, I used custom UI5 portal applications for demo purposes.

Richa, are you able to logon the fiori page? I wouldnt use a portal alias, this dont work for me at all. Create a new user and assign him to fiory page. You should be able to see the desktop and apps without any backend as far I remember, at least the fiori desktop

cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't see SAP FIORI iView template in my Portal version SAP Netweaver SP 12 .

I assume this version should support Fiori iView as Fiori Framework Page is available.

Please advise.

former_member186852
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Richa,

Please check .

Prerequisites :

• Your Enterprise Portal version is:
    • 7.3 EHP 1 SPS13 and above
    • 7.4 SPS08 and above
  • Your back-end server has SAP Fiori launchpad SPS08 or above

Thanks & Regards,

Meghal Shah

former_member184970
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can integrate Fiori with SAP mobile portal which is available from Portal 7.3SP9 and Portal 7.4 SP4.

Please check this below presentation on  Fiori integration with Mobile Portal

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e0ea525c-68fb-3010-de8a-bc9f153cc...

More documentation of SAP Mobile portal

Regards

Veera

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veera,

thank you! We are not using the Mobile Portal. We would like to offer our enduser the fiori apps on the desktop.

We are already familiar with the Integration of fiori apps from wave 1 via sapui5 iview template.

My question is, how it works with fiori apps from wave 2 and the new Launch Pad.

BR, René.

AviadRivlin
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Rene,

We are working these days exactly on this integration. If needed, I can share with you additional details about our planning during a phone call (under an NDA...).

Rgds,

Aviad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aviad,

good news. Yes, this would be great. We are currently working on an UX strategy for SAP in our company and  Fiori/Fiori Launchpad and the integration into the SAP Portal is a central part of it.

Thank you!

BR, René.

former_member194958
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have any documentation about integration Fiori and Mobile Portal? I dont fully  understand all the steps. I would appreciate it, if you could share with me,

Thank you.

Best regards,

Olga

AviadRivlin
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

(Note that this is for Fiori wave 1 apps).

cc:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aviad,

I think I participate to one of your conference at SAPPHIRE (the one we saw the J&J Portal I think).

You mentionned that the integration of the Fiori Launchpad will be release in an incoming SP. Do you have more details about that ?

Best regards,

Nicolas

MarcelRabe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Aviad and others

we are experimenting with the new Fiori BS2013 apps and notice that they seem to require the Launchpad in order to start. Direct launch from SICF results in a '/sap/hr_cre_lr/index.html not found' error. In the previous versions this was not a problem.

According to this blog: http://scn.sap.com/community/mobile/blog/2014/03/11/please-use-new-fiori-launchpad we should use the new launchpad for fiori. I've been succesful in adding Fiori applications and even the 'old' Fiori launchpad into our 7.40 SP5 portal, but when doing the same with the new launchpad, the page stays empty. For both regular desktop and tablet/smartphone desktop.

Any hints?

Marcel Rabe

AviadRivlin
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Have a look here:

(relevant for 7.4 SP7 and 7.31 SP12)

MarcelRabe
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ok, 7.40 SP7....Downloading it now 🙂 Thanks!

AviadRivlin
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Don't forget to share you experience in a blog . Looking forward!

Aviad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are also having the same issue in portal 7.4 SP8. We are trying to integrate Fiori 2 application in portal as per blog . But we are getting empty(blank) screen for both launch pad and for Fiori based leave application.

Request you to help in this as we we are facing this issue in portal. If we launch application on R3 server, its displayed properly.

Thanks and Regards,

Zaid

0 Kudos

Hi Zaid,

could you please share with me how you solved this issue? Exactly the same is happening to us. It works in Chrome, but we're getting blank page in IE 11.

Thank you very much in advance!

Best Regards,

Jose.