Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get data refresh time using "Last Data Update" in AO on top of SAP HANA

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi SCN,

Am using SAP BO Analysis Office on top of SAP HANA.

I can see I have an option of using "Last Data Update" in this Info field as shown below:

But the "Last Data Update" gives me the last activated date of the HANA Model which am using for displaying the report.

Is there any function I can use to get the Last updated date of the table used in the HANA Model?

Awaiting your Inputs.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only way that I know for that kind of "custom fields" which are not provided by AO itself, is creating a hana view which contains the needed data as a result. Sounds wired, but its the only way that I know

Regards

Thorsten

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thosten,

Do you mean having the date column as one of the fields in the view?

Example:

AN_VIEW ( Analytic View ) is created on a table T1 which has change_ts ( timestamp) as one of the field which tells on which date the data in the table got modified.

So how will I use this field to show in the AO and map it to the "Last Updated date" field in the AO?

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can put it as a additional field into your view but you cannot map it to the "Last Updated Date"

you have to use "SAPGetData" to get the value. than you can show it in your result set as a field

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Thosten for your reply.

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten

On the informatin tab of Analysis for Office it is showing the last update date which you are telling us is not the last update date.   I have verified that it is the last activation date of the Calculation View.

Anyway, this is very confusing for our users. 

How can I not have the date displayed?

Is SAP working on a way to provide the last update date of data of a calculation view in HANA?

Patty Molden