cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What should i know to develop Cloud Applications

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have some experience in ABAP. I want to know about sap cloud technologies.

For this i have searched a lot on web, but i didn't find answers to my following questions.

1.What is SAP Cloud environment. ?

2.What we should know to become an SAP Cloud Expert.?

3.What kind of software i need to install to learn it?

4.What are pre requisites?

5.Any Books?

6.Can i learn it, in my stand alone system.?

7.Is only HANA is related to cloud ?

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Gajanand.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aadityanigam
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Gajanand,

My sincere advise to you in JUMP IN!!!

There are already many discussion thread available on writing your first XS application. You will not understand until you try.

Once you register you will get a link to write your first Tutorial .

Once you complete this then there is the http://help.sap.com/hana/SAP_HANA_Developer_Guide_en.pdf

So repeating my advise start building stuff initially by following tutorials then guides then blogs and before you know it others will start calling you expert....

warm regards

aadi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Aditya Nigam for your reply.

Surely i will follow your advice.

Thanks and Regards,

Gajanand.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

aadityanigam
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Gajanand,

You have a lot of questions that i don't know the answer for...but i can see some clarifications you need i will try to provide the same

What do you mean by 'Cloud'?

Usually Cloud means to access software via browser. This software is shared by multiple 'subscribers' (users) who are 'isolated' meaning they cannot access each others data or even be aware that other subscribers exist.

'The software' can be any application, it can be free or you can buy a 'subscription' for a period for which you can use the software (and/or CPU or Storage). You are never concerned about administration, installation, hardware aspects, patching - you simply use the software!!!

A Cloud can either be public or private (limited to specific company who hosts it)

Examples: Microsoft Outlook Server and Outlook client OR use Hotmail - Same service/ functionality one on premise other on cloud.

Now SAP Cloud environment, i think you mean SAP HANA Cloud Platform. There are several products offered under this umbrella. You can choose one of these product. Most offering have a trial concept where you can learn - a simple google search can help.

HANA in-memory database in one such offering whose trial account can be registered here SAP HANA Cloud Platform

i think now i should stop and wait for you to ask more questions...

Warm regards

aadi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Aaditya Nigam for your reply.

Before i put my questions here, I came upto trial account which you have mentioned here. To do something in this account i should know something. My Questions are related to what is that something that i should know?

Answer for my first question is cleared. I am waiting for answers of all my remaining questions from experts like you.

Thanks and Regards,

Gajanand.