cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound email - delete attachments/content?

0 Kudos

We are using ERMS to process inbound mails. Occasionally, agents  will receive unsolicited attachments which we would like (from a legal point of view) to remove from the email.

Is there a standard solution to allow for specific email attachments to be deleted?

BR

Sham Haque

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kamran_farooqui
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shamsul,

Well even I've not come across with this requirement, but think below thread can help you.

Regards,

Kamfrk.

0 Kudos

Thanks Kamran - that's a useful post that i had not come across before.
I actually asked John Burton about this last week at the SAPInsider conference - and I don't think there has been any functionality update since his answer from 2009....

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like you need a firewall to acomplish this... just an idea, try to find which class/API is called at the inbound to see if you can remove the binary before gets stored using an implicit enhancement spot or even a modification, if you can acomplish this, which I believe is not an easy and of course standard way, the other doubt I have is if you will need to unpack the binary to check the content or only with the file extension and filename is enough to filter.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

I've been pointed to DP&P by SAP, which is available for CRM only from EHP3 SP5.

Not even sure this standard offering will accomplish what we really want, which is compliance with current and expected future COPPA guidelines.

I doubt anyone here has (yet) any real-world experience of DP&P (Data Protection and Privacy) with CRM?
Here is the master note for CRM:http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/2039738

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for keep updating this, once you finish your investigations maybe is time to put them together in a blog

Cheers!

Luis

0 Kudos

I managed to delete the physical attachment

inbound emails and their attachments are handled by KPRO (Knowledge Provider) - the field SOOD-EXTCT has the value "K" for these entries

KPRO handles storage and access in quite a well documented fashion - if you know where to look!

I found these 2 resources online:

Document Management with KPro - SAP Knowledge Provider (BC-SRV-KPR) - SAP Library

There is a list of FMs including one called SDOK_PHIO_DELETE.

To get the PHIO ID, I followed the guide here:
SAP Content Management - Link between SAP Objects and originals - Product Lifecycle Management - SCN...

I hope this is useful for someone else - and gives us a starting point for creating a custom report

faisal_pc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sham,

I have the similar requirement where we are dealing with a virus scan engine. If an email is coming with virus, the virus scan engine will stop the email automatically. However, for the e-mails which are there already, I have to create a report to delete the attachments where the virus infected files are there. Could you please help with a sample coding as you have already done this. I am unable to get the OBJECT_ID of the FM SDOK_PHIO_DELETE from an email. Thanking in advance.

Thanks,

Faisal

0 Kudos

Can i bump this?
34 views and no replies?

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The question is interesting enough, 34 visitis can be:

1- People who visit and can answer but don't want to (sooo mean )

2- People who visit and can't answer (they don't have the knowledge either)

3- People who doesn't answer because they now the answer can be found via help sap or scn

4- Well this is like the 3 but pressing the Alert moderator

Personally I have no idea because I never dealt with ERMS so I would like to see any feedback about this.

Cheers!

Luis