cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reference characteristic problem with multi-level BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I'm trying to use reference characteristics with a multi-level BOM explosion as follows.

1. We have a Level 1 material X, this product has a classification & configuration profile; Selection of values on this level explodes a BOM of level 2
  2. On level 2 we again have several materials (Y1... Yn), which also have classifications & configuration profiles; Selection here also explodes a BOM, which is then level 3
  3. On level 3 we have another configurable material, which in turn has products underneath, but those are no longer configurable.

Now in my configuration of the level 3 material I would like to know the name and/or the product hierarchy of the level 3 material.

So I created a reference characteristic, which looks like:

Now when I assign this characteristic to the level 3 class, I get the value of the level 1 product hierarchy in my configuration!

Does anyone how this is possible and what I can do to get the level 3 data in my configuration?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

Unfortunately, what you are seeing is correct per system design. When the system
was designed it was decided that item specific VBAP data will only be updated after configuration has already happened. This means that when configuration is called the first time for a new item the item
specific VBAP data is not yet available in internal table XVBAP and thus the system uses the header VBAP data instead. Unfortunately this cannot be changed.

If you would like to use item specific VBAP data in the initial configuration, you would need to implement a modification. For example you might consider changing communication table SDWA, which is handed over to configuration and contains VBAP data, within USSEREXIT_MOVE_WORKAREA_TO_SDWA (include MV45AFZB). This is just a suggestion so please test and consult your developer before implementing this.

Hope this helps

Regards

Amber

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amber,

Thanks - I realize none of the standard tables, which are available in configuration processing (VBAK, VBAP, VBKD, MAAPV etc) are refreshed during the configuration process.

I'll dive into other exits/BADIs available. Unfortunately I don't think the  userexit_move_workarea_to_sdwa by itself will not be enough for me, as I can't use SDWA as reference table afaik.

I'll update this post if I find a total solutoin.

Thanks!

Answers (0)