cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS central/control system, should I have to install it in a solution manager? Is it a prerequisite?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a doubt about the installation of the central/control system of TDMS, the documentation say that TDMS should be installed in a Netweaver 7.0 and it also say that the solution manager can be used for the central/control system, but I also have read in a lot of documents relating TDMS with solution manager, so I am a little confused with this prerequisite.

Is the Solution manager a prerequisite for the installation of the central/control system? If so, where can I find it in the documentation?

or

Can we use a simple Netweaver 7.0 ERP to be the central/control system? Without any solution manager?

Please, advice

Thanks in advance,

Walde Requena

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

yes, you can use simple netweaver ERP 7.0 system as a Tdms central system. Solution manager is just a recommendation. Pre-requisite is that Tdms central system should have minimum basis release of 700.

Thanks

Anita

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

bxiv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can confirm that you can build out a central/control system on NW 7.4 and short of valid verification from functional teams it works as expected.

As @Anita pointed out SolMan is a recommendation, I attempted to use SolMan in my environment and it killed other SolMan services with default values on a time slice package.  If you are using other SolMan services use caution as those services could suffer.

rajesh_kumar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Billy,

This is quite interesting.  TDMS is fully supported with a Solman system as well and is being used

extensively by several customers. We have not heard of any Solman Service getting impacted because of using that system as a TDMS Control system. Can you precisely describe what kind of

conflicts where encountered , when you had tried using your solman as a TDMS control system.

May be you have followed some incorrect step here.

Note : The idea of using a Solman system was to avoid redundant systems in your landscape .

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Rajesh