cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Numbering in the FAQ Notes?

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Has anyone noticed that in many FAQ notes (549064 - FAQ: Rescheduling and backorder updating in R/3 is just one example) the question/answer numbering is off? Questions are numbered 1, 2, 3, etc. but in the Answer section all the numbers are '1'. I believe it got messed up around the same time we lost the more convenient functionality of saving the notes in PDF format.

Is there any plan to fix this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

krscheffler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

Very odd, and notice as Matt said it is not in all, but certainly quite a few.

As an example, I checked this FAQ note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/821739 that is referenced in the one above, and the numbering is right, but the formatting is off.

I will follow up on this to see if it is a known issue.

You mentioned that you can't save in PDF?  Can you see a PDF version button at the top of the note?  That should enable you to view and save in PDF.

Thanks,

Kristen

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, it might be just me reading more FAQ notes than before.

Kristen, I meant that the functionality before was more convenient - you'd just click on 'save as PDF' and it would just save the file immediately. Now we have to open "PDF version" and only then we can save, so there is an extra step with no real added value. But that's another story...

krscheffler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Interesting point, and definitely another one I will raise!

krscheffler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

Quick update on the PDF.  You do have the ability to either click to open and save/print or right click and save PDF directly.

Cheers,

Kristen

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good tip - thank you, Kristen! Although not many users are probably aware of this and even less realize that it's the option 'Save Target as...' (in IE verbiage). The previous version was more straight forward, sigh...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've seen this in many Notes, and noticed it before the PDF format option came about.  I think it's something to do with the editor used to create the Notes, and it may be for earlier Notes that haven't been updated in a while, though I haven't validated that in any way.