cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when using Analytic view with Input Parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to create an info space based on my Analytic view which has input parameters. The infospace is validated and indexed without any issue. However when I ran the view, I get an error (50011) as it is unable to fetch any results. I tried using an infospace based on Calculation view with input parameters and the explorer view works without any issue.

Has anyone faced similar issues?

We are using HANA SP 6 rev 67 and BI 4.0 SP 4.

Also is there a way to enable input prompts for the users when they refresh the BO Explorer view? If not currently available is there any work around ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamod,

Sounds like during exploration the query sent to HANA does not fetch any records for the user.
1. Do you by any chance have any personalization set on this info space?

2. The connection to HANA is using a specified account? or SSO?

Prompting to set the values is not possible during run-time, but only when creating the info space during validation.

If you wanted some filtering for different users then you should use Analytic privilege or personalization.

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello George,

I don't have any personalization set on the info space. Also I am using mapped Account in BI to connect to HANA. The confusing part is that it is able to validate the infospace with the input parameters and index it. However query does not return any results. I even tried running the same query which explorer sends to HANA in the SQL editor and there too the same results,the query does not return anything. The model does return data when I do a data preview and if accessed from other tools like AAO.

Also when I use SSO connection to HANA, indexing of the infospace fails. Where can I see the error log?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamond,

just to make sure do not specify HANA connection in CMC but do it in IDT.
So if the query does not return any results with the current account this is an issue. Can you switch the HANA JDBC connection to use another account that has more rights to the View possibly, meaning enter the credentials specifically for that account in IDT. Also when you validate SQL generated from teh Exploration log in HANA Studio make sure you run the SQL with same account as used in the connection.

Your 2nd question, Indexing errors will show in the Indexing server log. In CMC set logging to High and then go through the workflow. On the server under  ~/logging directory the log starts with explorationIndexing...glf