Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Forecast thru EDI

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus ,

We currently are planning to do a Consigment Scenario where the customer will be holding stock but its companies good unless he uses it

Q1)    Now how does Replishment/Forecasting work , like we are looking at the customer sending forecast via EDI to out system . How is this acheived , is there any documentation with respect to this .

Regards,

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick,

Customer consignment is a standard business scenario.  Try the solution described in Best Practices.

119 – Customer Consignment Processing

There are a number of methods to support EDI processing; it depends upon what type of data your customers are capable of sending you, and optionally what type of middleware you will be using to receive the EDI.  In general, a common method is that the output of the middleware could be an SAP IDOC, which can then be processed into your SD and MM modules using ALE.

If you have never actually done such an implementation before, (customer consignment with EDI support) I suggest that you engage a resource to assist you who has experience in this area.  This is not a trivial implementation.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member906762
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello DB49 ,

Thank you for the link and the response , can you please tell me if it is SAP APO we are using then how would DP in SAP APO receive the forecast from customer and any link where i can read more about receiving forecast from customer and processing them in SAP APO .

Regards,

Nick

Answers (0)