cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing Payables

Former Member
0 Kudos

We use the MIRO transaction to process payables.  We indicate the PO number and if the receipt has not occurred, we are not able to process the invoice.

This seems wrong to me.  I would assume that there is a way to process an invoice if the receipt has not occurred.  It would then show up on the GR/IR report and would be cleared when the receipt occurred.

I assume we are doing something wrong.... can someone help me on this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

If the P.O. has GR based Invoice tick, then you can do MIRO only when GR is done. In case this is not ticked, you can do MIRO even when the GR is not done.

When you enter MIRO, you need to enter the P.O. no. and update quantity as per the Invoice that you are paying and then GR/IR will be debited and Vendor credited.

This will clearly show in your GR/IR report as IR done but GR pending.

Regards,

Kavita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kavita -

When we process the invoice as the IR only, it will debit the GR/IR account and credit the A/P Trade account for that vendor.

Will that invoice be at all blocked (ie - won't show up on a check run) until the GR has been processed or do we have the possibility based on terms of paying the vendor before the receipt has occurred?

Thanks,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

When you enter an Invoice w/o GR , it will get blocked for Qty discrepancy depending upon the tolerance settings in MM.

In this case, it wont get picked up for Payment run.

Regards,

kavita

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear David,

As I understood from your log is, Goods will be received later but we need to book vendor invoice and system should allow for that, I hope this is your question.

Normally system will allow to book the invoice if receipt will happen later.

Thanks,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not clear about your question.

What do you mean by process payables - Is it posting vendor invoice or paying the open invoice.

Well,

MIRO is rightly used to post invoices (even when Goods Receipt with respect to the PO is done or not).

You can give the reference ID - the PO.

And when you enter MIRO - put in PO number and line items and put in amount, quantity and then post the Invoice for the PO.

In case of correct account determination maintained it should show up in GRIR report.

Then when GR is done, GRIR can be cleared.

Hope I have been able to explain you.