cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default New Account's Language from CRM MSA 2.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if there is a way to default the language when creating an account on the mobile app?  I understand that the field doesn't show in the mobile app, but when you go to the account in the CRM Web UI we'd like it to already have a value.

I've been looking at these two BAdIs but no luck figuring it out yet.

BUPA_INBOUND and

/MSA/BADI_BUSINESS_PARTNER

Ideally we'd like the language to default based on the user that is creating the account.  (What will sy-uname have in the badis when called from mobile?)

Any suggestions would be appreciation.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, figured it out...was on the right track.  Here is the details for anyone else that might be interested...

Updated implementation for BADI definition /MSA/BADI_BUSINESS_PARTNER

Method CREATE_END

1. CALL FUNCTION 'BP_CENTRALPERSON_GET' <--sy-uname
  2. CALL FUNCTION 'BUPA_ADDRESS_GET_DETAIL
  3. Based on ct_bupa_header_details-type call either BAPI_BUPA_CENTRAL_CHANGE and/or BAPI_BUPA_ADDRESS_CHANGE

Thanks

brandongailey
Participant
0 Kudos

Clint,

We are trying to do the same thing as you described.

Can you further explain on how the code you implemented above works?

Thanks,
Brandon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brandon,

Sure I'm happy to help, but I feel like I already outlined the solution pretty well. What are you getting stuck on?

Thanks,

Clint

brandongailey
Participant
0 Kudos

Clint,

Correct me if I am wrong on your steps.

1. Use BP_CENTRALPERSON_GET to get the system user (employee responsible) details

2. Use BUPA_ADDRESS_GET_DETAIL to get country of system user (employee responsible)?

3. I am assuming these last two that you say to call is where you set the language but after looking into them I can not see where they have that ability.

Thanks,

Brandon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not the country,  I'm using ES_ADDRESS-LANGU from BUPA_ADDRESS_GET_DETAIL.  Then based on the type of  partner that is being created (ct_bupa_header_details-type), person or org, I call the update with that language. 

Person - BAPI_BUPA_CENRAL_CHANGE  - centraldata-partnerlanguage and centralperson-correspondencelanguage.

Organization - BAPU_BUPA_ADDRESS_CHANGE - addressdaa-langu

Hope it helps.

brandongailey
Participant
0 Kudos

OHH!

Do not know how I missed that.

Thank you very much Clint!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Clint,

You can configure the language in SPRO Transaction.

Customer Relationship Management -> CRM Sales Mobile -> Basic Settings -> Countries, Languages and Currency.

Regards,

Renzo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renzo,

Thank you for the response, but I don't think this is what we're looking for.  Let me give an example:

A CRM Mobile Sales user in Germany creates a new account in the mobile app.  The new account should have a language of German/DE.

A user in the United States creates a new account in the app.  This new account should have a languaged of English.

Is there a way?

Thanks,

Clint