cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change in Fiscal Year Issue

0 Kudos

Dear Sir,

Our client is trying to close the year for FI-AA where FI-GL fiscal year is already closed and balance sheet is already audited. Error AU070 was shown by system during productive run of AJAB. Informing 10 assets for which depreciation posted not completely. Because he has changed the Depreciation Key in As02 after Depreciation Run.

is there any other way without opening the fiscal year to post the depreciation of the previous year in the current year? Or to post Depreciation with zero value without Effecting Books of Accounts which were Audited.

Please advice your suggestions will be highly appreciable.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abu

Option 1

1. Ideally in this case, you should implement the program from the Note 29694 and Delete the unposted depreciation.. This will make Actual Posted Dep = Planned Dep

This will allow you to do AJAB

2. In next year, you can post an Unplanned depreciation for the dep that you deleted in last fiscal year

Option 2

If the unposted dep arised out of change of dep key, restore the dep key and do AFAR... This should delete any unposted planned depreciation

After that do AJAB as usual

Option 3

Post the dep in last year by opening FI periods in OB52..

Pass a manual JV to reverse it and reverse the JV in next fiscal year

This option will ensure that the NBV at the start of next year is correct.. This is important incase your depreciation calculation is based on NBV (Base Value 24 in Multi Level Method)

Br. Ajay M

0 Kudos

Dear Ajay Sir,

Issue has been resolved.

I have done with 3rd Option I have posted depreciation through AFAB. The same entry i have passed reversal JV through ABF1 on 31.03.2013. Then i have closed last Fiscal year 2012 through AJAB.

In Next Fiscal Year on 01.04.2013 i have passed the reversal JV which has passed through ABF1.

By this way it did not impact my books of accounts of 2012 which were audited. I have took new Trail Balance and verified the balance They remains the same.

Thanks you so much sir.My Spl Thanks to Kavitha Mam and Murali Babu Nallamothu Sir for guiding me personally over phone.

Best Wishes,

Abu Siddiq.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abu

If you passed the manual JV in Asset Accum Dep accounts, then i would say you should not have done it.. You will have reco differences between FI and AA

You should have passed this JV in some other GL accounts and then cllub this under required node in FSV along with Accum dep

Br. Ajay M

0 Kudos

Yes Sir,

But i have no option as accumulated Depreciation is balance sheet item. If my auditors has verifies last year carry forwarded balance if their is change in Gl Amount it may be more problematic for my client.

By the way i have reversed the same entry sir still will it be effecting my recon account sir?

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, the Balances of 2013 and 14 between FI/AA will show this differences, in my opinion

Br, Ajay M

0 Kudos

Okie Sir But Its ok. Client's CFO has accepted for the same.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have not posted any depreciation, you can change the depreciation key in all the depreciation ares to 0000 and proceed for fiscal year change.

If you have posted some depreciation during the year and do not want to change it, you can use depreciation key MANU and change the fiscal year.

Regards,

Ravi Kumar