cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns process after partial confirmation of goods delivery.

naveen_kaluti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

We have POD activated. done with all config and works fine.

I have a process related question.

Scenario: when a customer confirms partial quantity of goods PGI'ed ( PGI'ed qty 5 and confirmed qty 3) and we carry out POD (using VLPOD) for those 3 qtys and invoice the customer for 3 qty,

Problem:

1. Now how can we get the 2 qty back into our stock?? should we follow normal returns process with custom item cat in return order, which is not relevant for billing?? as customer hasn't made payment for those 2 qtys.

Regards

Naveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you can go ahead as you mentioned.

Configuration required as below:

1.Define new Z item category(ZREN) as you mentioned( for that billing relevance is blank).

2. In VOV4 assign this z item category in manual item category column

Example : RE+NORM+Usage+REN+ZREN  

So that when ever you are creating return order system by default determine REN that you can change it to ZREN.

3. Maintain copy control in VTLA between RE and ZREN

Process:

• VA01(RE) manually change the item category from REN to ZREN
  • VL01N( Return delivery) goods receipt.

If the customer wants goods in return for the missing order qty then you can go with subseq free of charge delivery i assume you know this standard process.

thanks,

Srinu.

naveen_kaluti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu,

Thanks for your reply.

We can use the returns process but I found few issues,

1. when we create the returns order with reference to the original invoice system copies the qty from the invoice onto the return order and displays a warning message if the quantity is changed, my question is are there any other effects other than just the warning?

2. Is there any way for system to automatically propose the remaining qty (PIG'ed qty - POD qty) to get populated in the returns order when we create it.

3. Is there a way in which system makes the sales order status as "open" instead of "completed" if the PIG'ed and POD qty doesn't match and make it as "completed" once the return order is created and goods are received.

Once done with the complete cycle along with above points resolved I shall prepare a document and upload it..

Regards

Naveen K.

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. when we create the returns order with reference to the original invoice system copies the qty from the invoice onto the return order and displays a warning message if the quantity is changed, my question is are there any other effects other than just the warning?

Yes this is warning message, you can proceed. This warning message comes when the return order qty is greater than billed qty, where as if the return order qty is lesser than billed qty then this warning message does not appear.

One more thing when you are creating return order with ref to original invoice you need not manually change the Z item category in return order unlike when you are creating return order with out reference.

2. Is there any way for system to automatically propose the remaining qty (PIG'ed qty - POD qty) to get populated in the returns order when we create it.

No. As per my knowledge in standard it is not possible.

3. Is there a way in which system makes the sales order status as "open" instead of "completed" if the PIG'ed and POD qty doesn't match and make it as "completed" once the return order is created and goods are received.

Once the sales order total qty is delivered system automatically update the document status to completed.

Let us assume as per your requirement by using some exit even though you are able to maintain the status to open when there is diff between POD and PGI  still that is not the correct process as per my knowledge and in standard you cant achieve the above.

POD is a just acknowledgement from the customer for received qty and remaining everything is standard return process.

thanks,

Srinu

naveen_kaluti
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Srinu..

Answers (0)