cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Dataservices with MYSQL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there

I am having a problem trying to install DS. I have installed MySQL and set the Classpath to  the location of the file mysql-connector-java-5.1.30-bin.jar. I was having issues with JDBC driver which picked from browse screen to the same file. Then I get the error in the screenshot.

Invalid JDBC driver, please check driver path. Am In missing something?

Any step by step guide ?

Appreciate help on this.

Thanks

Anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Download the JDBC driver for your database to a location on the Data Services host system.

Copy the JDBC driver to all locations required by Data Services.

For Oracle and MySQL databases:

<LINK_DIR>\ext\lib

<BIP_INSTALL_DIR>\java\lib\im\<database_type>

database_type is mysql for MySQL, and oracle for Oracle.

<BIP_INSTALL_DIR>\warfiles\webapps\DataServices\WEB-INF\lib

Refresh the JDBC configuration.

Also refer the installation guide for DS for further reference.

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sboDS41/en/sbo411_ds_install_win_en.pdf

Regards,

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthik,

I went through the document and it says do this if you do not chose to install repository database during initial installation. I am trying to map it during installation and was expecting the installation process to then put the drivers into these locations by way of installation run.

Any other suggestions? (I am now thinking of installing DS without the repository, hopefully it would not create any other error.)

From the guide

If you are using MySQL, Oracle, or SAP HANA for the repository database:

Download the JDBC driver for the database. The Data Services installation program will ask you to provide its location during the installation process.

Note: If you do not configure the repository during installation, you need to manually copy the JDBC driver to the correct location. For more information, see Configuring JDBC drivers for SAP HANA, Oracle, and MySQL.