cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VB Button to kick off a script

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, can anyone please tell me if there is a way to create a VB Button on a template to kick off a script?  We tried sending in data based on formulas in a template but realize it would be much quicker via script.  It would have to be seemless for our end users so a button to do this would be optimal.  Any suggestions? Thanks, Tracey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tracey,

You can use VB macro to invoke a DM Package.

Which version of BPC are you one? 7.5 or 10.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilanjan,  I am on BPC 10 for MS. That would be great if I can use VB macro to invoke a DM Package....do you know what I can use? Thanks, Tracey

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tracey,

see please the What’s New on epm add-in. It contains all the terminology changes and the changes in the functions.

Instead of EVMNU you have EPMExecuteAPI and the old MNU_eDATA_RUNPACKAGE has the equivalent in DataManagerOpenRunPackageDialog.

Regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto, thanks but I didn't even know the code in BPC7 to run a package so I didn't think to look there.  Thanks, Tracey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I see this button just brings up the data manager.  Is there a way to have a VB button on a template that will kick off a specific package without having to go through the data manager? Thanks, Tracey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the VBA working with one exception, it brings up the script I want to run but then I need to click "Finish" to actually launch the script.  My Code is below.  How can I have it automatically run the script without me having to click "Finish" on the dialouge prompt/window?

PS - Even though the teamid is Company (Public) I still needed to leave that String blank in the DataManagerRunPackage line for it to work... not sure why.

Thanks all!

Sub RUNPACKAGE()
Dim ea As New FPMXLClient.EPMAddInAutomation
Dim packageId As String, groupId As String, teamId As String

ea.DataManagerRunPackage "FPP_SPREAD", "Data Management", ""

End Sub

Answers (0)