Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TDMS for CRM - Best method

former_member191567
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Wondering if someone could help me with the below scenario.

We have a CRM prod system- which has member & membership data/ in terabytes. member data around 300 million members.

Note: Members will have memberships , service contracts etc..

Now, I want to bring only 40,000 members/memberships/service contracts etc. like data from the prod and copy it into the QA/Training instance/client, what method would be the best?. Did any one work on this scenario? If so, can you keep down the steps/prerequisites to accomplish the task.?

I know time slice/reduction is not what we want here, as we want to take only 40k records from production, and all above mentioned 300 million member data is converted to prod in a single month.

Can someone suggest the landscape type to create and then the project & template type to bring in specific members,. from the prod?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

V.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajesh_kumar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vineetha,

You may try using the TDMS copy for CRM utilities. Here you would have the option to input a list of Business partners along with a time slice date for reduced copy.

Although a direct reduction based on members is currently not available.

But I guess, you should be able to map your required members with the corresponding Business partner numbers and then that should help you reduce the data copy for your CRM system.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rajesh

former_member191567
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh,

So, does this method need a separate landscape? to be assigned to the project TDMS for Util?

If so, what type of landscape do you think is required to be defined.

Also, do u think any specific role is required..

Is there any checklist, before we start the process? in the source and the target?

If so, could you please be little elaborative?

Thanks,

rajesh_kumar2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vineetha,

You need to use a system landscape created with the template tye 'TDMS Landscaspe Template'.

Then the same can be assigned to the relevant project created for TDMS for CRM Utilities scenario.

There are no specific roles required for a utilities package, you need to have the same roles as used for other

kind of TDMS copies.

You should first go through the master guide and also make sure that relevant notes are applied as per the below composite note for CRM U :

1616211 TDMS 4.0 corrections: Composite Note for TDMS CRM U

Thanks,

Rajesh

Answers (0)