cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Life Cycle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi folks,

I am little bit confused for the exact scenario and functionality of account life cycle. Although I know that Account life cycle is used to define the BP roles's stage.

I tried some scenarios:

1. I went to the BP Role Exclusion group setting and created two role in BP role Exclusion group one is prospects & second is sold to party. After this allow a permitted transition from prospects to sold to party.

2. Enable the life cycle stage.

After completing this configuration, I could see that Prospects and Sold to party  BP role are missing from BP roles but that role could be chosen from life cycle stage.

Till yet, every thing was OK.

Then i created a prospect from Web ui by selecting the prospects role from life stage cycle.

Then i tried to create the opportunity transaction and quotation transaction from that prospects and system allowed me to create quotation document with that prospects number... In actual the system asks for a sold to party detail not prospects.

My 1st question is "As i did not convert the prospects into sold to party then Why the CRM system is allowing the entering a prospects into Quotation document?

2nd Question is:   If it is allowing then Will it be possible to replicate the prospects into ECC system as sold to party role?

3rd Question is : Could any body give a practical scenario where this functionality can be used?

Even if i do not do any account life cycle configuration, I get the same result while creating the opportunity and quotation then what exactly is the use of account life cycle.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Dinesh.

Message was edited by: Dinesh Sachdeva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

There is so much information available in SCN about this, please search.

Regards

Waza

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nash,

Yes i know that there are many information available in SCN as well as sap help. I have read those information as well as i went on the sap note1097651 - How to use the Account Life Cycle.

As far as theoretical things concern, all the information were there.

But practically i could not get the solution of my problem that i mentioned in my earlier post.

Could you please let me know the actual behavior of the CRM system after configure the Account life cycle and why it is necessary?

Thanks & Regards

Dinesh