cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a Custom Navigation Path / Custom Hierarchy in IDT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a Bex query and hierarchy built on Navigational attributes (In other words Flat Hierarchy) but my users dont like the way hierarchy is set up when we execute the report. Bex query is built on MP. For example, In the Bex query designer I can see my Product dimension and in that dimension I can see various characteristics / nNav attributes which are used to display flat hierarchy in the report when executed.

I know we can customize the hierarchy in IDT as a custom navigation path.

My question is that Is it possible to use Bex query as a source for universe in IDT and then achieve this customize hierarchy objective OR Can I directly use the Bex query for Webi interface and still customize the hierarchy like Custom Navigation path.

Can I see my Navigational attributes of Bex query in the universe (IDT) OR Webi as dimension so I can use them for custom navigation path.

We are using BOBJ 4.1 SP 1

Thank you

NI

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

you can build a Universe on a BEx Query to leverage the OLAP functionalities. You can create a relational Universe on top of a BEx Query but this is not really recommended.

I would highly recommended you connect WebI directly to your BEx Query using the BICS interface. With the BICS interface we support more BEx Elements as via the relational Universe.

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seb,

My concern is more of a hierarchy layout, I want to use custom hierarchy path and arrange the nodes according to the users requirement for reporting.

Can I do this node arrangement in webi if I use Bex source to webi and eliminate universe layer ?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, you can do this on the BEx Query Level. There you usually arrange the Hierachies.

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Seb,

Can you let me know where exactly do I rearrange the hierarchy nodes in the Webi side.

Note that as I mentioned in my post, we are not using standard SAP BW hierarchy in the Bex query but we are using hierarchy built on navigational attributes and in other words it is flat hierarchy, Is it still possible on webi side with flat hierarchy. Can you please guide me or Is there any tutorial or document on this,

Thank You

NI

0 Kudos

Hi,

check the following Guide:

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/sbo41/en/sbo41_bex_queries_guide_en.pdf

Especially Chapter 1.5.1.

Regards

-Seb.