Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SRM Secuity and Application Audit Logs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are going live with our SAP SRM System. Below is our server landscape.

SAP SRM 7.01

SAP MDM 7.1

Our Customer want to enable Security Audit Log on our application. Please let me know impact in enabling the security Audit logs

1. Performance issues on Server

2. Space Utilization of the server.

Anything else do I need to keep note.

Regards

Ponnusamy

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

1 and 2 depends on the security audit log settings. What boxes are you going to check? All users? All transactions executed etc.?

See also SAP note 539404: FAQ: Answers to questions about the Security Audit & Security Audit Log FULL. What happens?? | SCN

0 Kudos

Hi Jong,

Can you please best practise document on Seurity Audit log.

Regards

Ponnusamy

0 Kudos

From a functional or technical perspective? Did you check the SAP note?

0 Kudos

Hi,

A bit of searching will work wonders, this post answering your question is on the same forum page that you posted on.

In terms of performance, as others have said, the performance impact will be based on:

What you are logging

Number of active users in relation to the above

Hardware sizing

Any ABAP system that is noticeably degraded due to logging will have far greater performance problems during peak activities in BAU.

On the MDM side I have only seen problems when there are sizing problems.  Logging is a basic IT General Control so I would expect the requirement for it to be covered in any sizing activity.