cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report error on scrolling to next page

0 Kudos

Hi guys,

when i open a Crystal Report (2013) in LaunchPad the first page is shown correctly. When i try to scroll down to a next page i get the following error:

The Viewer could not process an event. Error in File * : Database Connection Error: 'BAPI Error #:0 Part-field access *.

I´ve attached a screenshot of the whole error message.

Somebody has a clue, whats wrong?

We are using:

SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform Servers 4.1 SP03

SAP NetWeaver 7.40 SP5

BI_CONT 757

Kindly regards

Maximilian Müller

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

I have an update.

It seems there is a problem with a subreport. This subreport uses a query with currency conversion.

The strange part is, the query brings no erros or warnings and if i we open the query in analyzer etc everything works just fine.

If we remove the conversion from the objects used in the formulas, the error disappears in crystal reports.

So i guess there is something wrong with the interface between crystal and query.

Just as additional information, this has worked fine a few months ago, before we installed the latest patches in the bw system...

0 Kudos

And here is the Solution!!!

We debugged and as supposed, there was an error in the interface, deep down in CL_RSR_MDX_META_DATA~IOBJ_VALUE_OUTPUT.

We implemented SAP note 1939107 and now everything works fine. This note is also included in 7.40 SP6.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Max,

Can u try:

Solution 1:

1. Log in to CMC.
  2. Locate the report.
  3. Right click on the report, select 'Database Configuration'.
  4. Provide correct database connection details and click on 'Update'.
  5. Re-run the report from Infoview.

Solution 2:

You have to make sure that you have configured 32bit ODBC driver on client side and server side with 32 bit data source administration. You can find the 32 bit data source administration under folder C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe. ( the data source name on server side and client side should be the same). The one under start-->adminstration tool is 64bit data source administration.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply, i´ve checked everything and it seems correct.

Since i receive data on the first page, i would say the problem is not with the connection in general...

other thoughts?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its most likely that the CRPS I having a problem here. The crystal engine is really good understand and has got this special characteristic of retrieving and displaying records for the first page. I would suggest you to create a new crpe and check the results.(disable the old one )

Also go for tracing with solution manager. It will help.