cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move OFF day to next working day if public holiday falls on OFF day?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are using positive time management.As per reuirement, suppose 14th April and 15th April is OFF for a shift and 14th April is Public Holiday, then 16th April can be considered as OFF(but as per shift it is working days).

How can we proceed with this and if any employee comes on 16th April(as it is not OFF as per shift), the employee should be paid normal salary as well as working hours should be paid as per overtime rate hours. For eg: on 16th April, employee worked for 9 hours, then employee should get normal salary+9*1.5(Overtime salary rate).

Please advice on it and help me to provide your input soon.

Thanks and regards,

RG

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks a lot

One doubt, I have created special day-day type 3 on 16th April and assign it to "Selection Rule" which is already being used in the system. Please find the selection rule details:

Rule :01 

Day Type on Week Days:0110111111  

Day Type on Saturday:    0110111111 

Day Type on Sunday:      0110111111

How can i use created special day in the existing selection rule?

In the http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-52366,
u mentioned the use of special days.In WSR, we define Holiday Calendar ID and Rules for day type, so how the the mentioned configuration of special days and rules will ensure only 2 days as holidays for Hyderabad employees??

Could you please assist to redesign selection rule and elaborate to understand the  use of special days in the mentioned example.

BR,

RG

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rishabh,

That is not a good practice to do because if someone generates the WSR by mistake for past periods, it will show this day type for past years too.

Below are the steps you should do for existing rule:

Go to Table V_T553S

Enter rule as 01

Date as 16-Apr-14

Day Type as 3

Then generate the WSR for the month of Apr'14.

Check in work schedule in IT0007 and you will find that 16-Apr-14 will have day type as 3.

Thanks and regards,
Vivek Barnwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I have created special days as mentioned but do i need to change the selection rule??

That is my doubt

BR,

Rishabh

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please send me screenshots of your configuration.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Please find the link:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3542271

BR,

Rishabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Right, 11th April is day type 3 but in PCR, its not being read as special day and other condition are not meeting . Everytime during time evalution(on 11th April), PCR goes to other conditions.

Please suggest.

BR,

Rishabh

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you show me the screenshot of the log for this PCR after you run time evaluation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Because of urgency, one of ma colleague has taken ownership of the issue and doing it via another method.

I will check it in sandbox n share screen shot soon under new thread.

Thanks a ton for your co-operation and guidance

BR,

RG

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishabh,

Send me the link where you posted the rounding rule requirement. And if this issue gets resolved, then please close this thread by marking the right answer.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Please find the screen shot. As per requirement, despite of 16th April, its 11th April and special day has been assigned to 11th April. You can see, 9th and 10th are OFF and 9th is public holiday also.

Please assist.

I am new to scn so unaware of raising new thread for new question. I will raise new threads.

Thanks and regards,

RG

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rishabh,

The data for 16-Apr is not visible. It has been cut off. Can you please send a screenshot displaying that?

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry for the earlier question...so if I understand you correctly, you wish to display day type 3 for 11-Apr and that is happening correctly.

Did I get you right? And you now need to ensure that it gets processed in PCR correctly?

Please advise if we are on the same page.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Sorry for the late reply.

I am new to PCR writing.

Please find the PCR:(its not complete one, just checking conditions and will do the changes step by step)

We are testing for special day(16th April) and no clock in and clock out, even though its going to *(VARSTDYTY) node and wage type are not getting generated. We have tried with clock in clock out entries but everytime it goes to *(VARSTDYTY) node and no wage type generation. I don't have clue why is it so??Please assist.

ii )As per second requirement, if employee comes on 16th April, the employee should get payment as per overtime rates.(based upon working hours). how can we put that condition and wage type genearetion with no. of hours in PCR.

iii) In separate requirement, we need to round off, Absence Quota at the end of year. how can we round off??This round off should be done via PCR and we alrady have rounding rules in V_T559L table and in place.

Please reply soon.Your assistance and valuable input is needed .

BR,

Rishabh Gupta

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rishabh,

Kindly go through the rules of posting in SCN. You can't keep on posting one requirement after another in the same thread.

From one requirement, you have now moved to 3 requirements.

Is 16-Apr now getting pointed as day type 3 in your work schedule? That is my main query and this is what you wanted regarding shifting of off days.

Please send me screenshot of work schedule for date 16-Apr. I would like to see if it has the day type 3 assigned or not.

I never asked you for PCR screenshot.

Raise individual threads for different requirements and don't club them into one and I will respond to you.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Substitution is fine. Is there any possibilty to maintain only Day type as "1" in IT2003 if employee takes leave. No need to give anyother input in IT2003.

and what about the payment if employees comes. Employee should get normal pay+ should be paid as per overtime rate hours.

Please guide me.

BR,

Rishabh Gupta

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rishabh,

If you want to mark 16-Apr as OFF day and if the employee comes to work, he should be normal as well as overtime rate,, in this case, I would suggest you to go with Special Days functionality in day types.

You will have to create a new DWS selection rule by copying the existing selection rule. Then create 16-Apr- as a special day with date type 4 (customer specific). This will ensure that it will be treated as a public holiday.

You can write a PCR to read the date type 4 and to see if there are any working hours record in time pair for the given day. If there are hours, then you generate a time wage type and pay overtime for the day.

The normal salary will get calculated as it is.

Please go through my document on Public Holiday Calendar and Work Schedule Rules. I have explained the concept of special days too in that.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for your response.

Could you please explain,"You will have to create a new DWS selection rule by copying the existing selection rule. Then create 16-Apr- as a special day with date type 4 (customer specific). This will ensure that it will be treated as a public holiday".

As per my understanding, day types are assigned during creation of holiday calendar. So, are you telling, i need to create 16 Apr as special day in holiday calendar and then generate work schedule rule?

Please correct me if i am wrong.

Your help is really needed.

BR,

RG

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rishabh,

You don't have to create 16 Apr in holiday calendar. You have to create it in table special days for day types. It is in the node of Day Types.

Please refer my document on Public Holiday Calendar and Work Schedule Rules. I have explained this concept too.

If you still have doubts, please feel free to ask me.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rishabh,

Standard SAP allows you to move public holiday to next or previous day if it falls on an OFF day. However, it doesn't allow you to move OFF day to next day. If you have to do that, then you will have to change WSR using PT02.

The concept of moving public holiday to previous/ next day is based on the concept of guaranteed public holiday.

Please read the below documentation where I have explained this.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-52366

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thanks for your quick reply.

But as per client requirement,  we have to move OFF day to next working day. Currently there are 4 shifts for the employees and this situation exist for a single shift only not for all so we can not got for changing holiday calendar options. And client does not want to change **** pattern. Is there any other way to deal the problem, without changing existing shif pattern, system should check these conditions and pay accordingly.

BR.

Rishabh Gupta

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The other option is to go for shift substitution in IT2003.

Regards,

Vivek