cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking Mechanism in Webdyn Pro Abap

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In our scenario, we are sharing one person approval records to other users. The approver overview screen is of FPM GAF. Here we are getting the problem as both the approvers are able to access the same records at same time. Can we restrict the apporver before accessing the record when it is already in process(any kind of locks will be available)? Any suggestions on how to do?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reyaz

If you are going with Custom then create a lock object for your custom table, and provide the primary table details as Name: Table name & Lock mode: write lock (Exclusive lock mode). This will allow only one user to manipulate the data and block the rest of the users.

Cheers

Pradyp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Riyaz,

It is a custom approval screen?

Thanks

KH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KH,

Yes it is a custom configuration, but standard Component.

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even if it's custom application for approvals, how come same line item will be sending more than one user id for approver at a time ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this is normal scenario only. In our case standard itself provided one table to maintain the approvers for particular level. It will send to all approvers in that paricular level. Even in other cases also it will happen as far as i know. If it is POWL, based on powl maintenance it will show the same requestes to multiple approvers. Upto my knowledge.

former_member182426
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what's the table your using for maintaining the approver id's

Even in POWL also it will show only his tasks, it wont show other persons tasks for approval.

Former Member
0 Kudos

T77WWW_CLAGAPA - Claims Approver.

Multple Approver is a quite common requirement in everywhere i guess.