SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avaialability control is checked only if the assigned value is increased in PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using former budgeting. We have have made the following setting. Warning message for AVC at Purchase requisition level and error message for AVC at PO and all other transaction groups. System is not issuing error message when the budget is exceeded in PO.

eg: Budget 1000

Purchase requisition created for 1100. Warning message at this stage is issued.

Purchase order created against this PR for 1100. I expect the system to issue error message. However, no messages are issued.

I would like to make the system messages error for processes starting from PO onwards like GR, SES, Invoice etc.

I understand this is the standard behaviour of SAP since the fund is already reserved at PR stage and as long as the assigned value does not increase from the PR value. However, we would like to issue error message at PO stage even if there is not change in the assigned value if the commitment exceeds the budget.

Thanks for your help.

regards

Raghuveer Kamath

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the answer. In customsing for Activate/deactivate available control Always Check - this check box should be checked to trigger AVC at every stage of document chain. Table V_FM01TOL_AVA field ALWAYS_AVA_CHECK.

Thanks to all those who replied.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

With BCS, you have a possiblity to issue a message, when a ledger is defined with so-called 'strict' logic. Otherwise, in former, if there is no decrease in consumable budget (and in your case there is none), AVC check is not triggered.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the answer. In customsing for Activate/deactivate available control Always Check - this check box should be checked to trigger AVC at every stage of document chain. Table V_FM01TOL_AVA field ALWAYS_AVA_CHECK.

Thanks to all those who replied.

0 Kudos

Thanks for update. I completely forgot about Former AVC settings.