cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move Production back to Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am looking to take a copy of our Production BPC environment and move it to Development.

I regularly do this using UJBR but only for master and transactional data (not meta data).

Is there a way to move all elements of production to development ?  By this, I mean: BPF's, teams, task profiles, etc...

If this is possible, could you confirm how this can be achieved ?  e.g., delete existing environment in dev beforehand, etc..

Thanks

Ian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

The best way would be to do this using UJBR. However, you need to have the metadata selected, as well, while using UJBR.

Please delete the existing environment, and then restore the new environment with the same name.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nilanjan

Thank you.

However, could you confirm if this procedure would include BPF's, security, teams, etc.... ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Yes, it will. However, it wont transport the BPF instances, users, and the user assignments to the teams / profiles. This needs to be done manually.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nilanjan

A final question for you..... As this appears to be a rather big step, is there a way to take a backup of the environment in Prod (e.g., ENV1) and restore it as a new one in Dev (e.g., ENV2) ??

This would allow us to see exactly how the full restore (including metadata) behaves.

Thanks again

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

You, surely, can do it. You will need to do it using UJBR, and the above-mentioned restrictions prevails.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ian,

Nilanjan's right in what he's said above. Agree on doing a UJBR back-up to ensure you don't lose anything from Development. You can also just copy the Dev environment by logging into the web admin, then go to Adminstration area > Manage Environments > Copy.

This is quicker than the UJBR method.

Nick