Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

f3 functionality after execution of list output

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have report with selection screen and once i execute selection screen report list is output.And when i press F3 or BACK button it's coming back to selection screen.

1)But when i press F3 on selection screen its going to Listoutput screen again.but not to sap easy access screen.

2) when i come back to selection screen from list output then i need to press execute button 2 times to get the listoutput.

anyy suggestions on this front to resolve the issues?

Regards

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

BTW i wrote the below code for BACK functionality on list output.

when '&F03'.

CALL SELECTION-SCREEN 1000.

rs_selfield-exit = 'X'.

when i pres BACK button on selection screen it goes to same code again though sy-ucomm is not &F03.

0 Kudos

This is normal behavior, when you press F3 on the second selection-screen Abap continues after the CALL SELECTION-SCREEN, but sy-ucomm has no reason to be &F03 yet. Using a CALL [SELECTION-]SCREEN will add one more screen in a stack, leaving this screen will get back to caller and previous screen logic.

Try to remove your code for standard function code, letting Abap doing the job, or use a LEAVE LIST-PROCESSING statement for classic report. If this an ALV list and not a classic list (you did not write) then only keep the rs_selfield-exit = 'X' statement or if code is too complex (...) use a LEAVE TO CURRENT TRANSACTION but this will clear current values not linked with memory-id.

Regards,

Raymond

rdiger_plantiko2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Moorthy,

I can't reproduce the behaviour with this little test report:

report  z_screen_sequence.

parameters: p_test default 'T'.

start-of-selection.

write p_test.

As you will see, the navigation goes as follows:

• Start report (e.g. from SE38) -> goes to selection screen
  • "Execute" (F8) -> goes to list output (writes "T")
  • "Back" (F3) -> goes to selection screen
  • "Back" (F3) -> goes to the transaction which called the report (e.g. SE38).

This is the normal behaviour for reports.

If it doesn't work this way in your report, you have implemented it differently. One of the reasons could be:

• Don't you perform your list-output at start-of-selection?
  • Do you manipulate list-processing fields (like sy-lsind)?
  • Do you work with "SUBMIT" or "SUBMIT AND RETURN" statements?
  • Do you work with some kind of "LEAVE" statements?

Regards,

Rüdiger

Paulo_Vantini
Participant

Hi Moorthy,

in a module pool try using:

LEAVE TO LIST-PROCESSING AND RETURN TO SCREEN 0. (OR 1000)

SET PF-STATUS SPACE.

The pf-status space statement ensures that the list is displayed with the standard GUI status for lists.

Also, if you include the statement SUPPRESS DIALOG in a PBO module, the current screen is not displayed.

If it is a report and you want to get back to sel. screen do not use CALL SCREEN because it will create another stack as Raymond said.

Just try using LEAVE TO SCREEN 0 or LEAVE TO SCREEN 1000.

Regards.