Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation Required in activity confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

I'm very much new in project system....
My client wants validation in project system, so that goods receipt should occur only after the external activity confirmation done.

Please help....

Regards,

Pabak Rout

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

gerry_hodgins
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello pabak rout

Are you talking about creating your own Validation rule in OPSI ?

You can create a vailidation to check if the Activity is confirmed

Read note 440186

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Yes you are completely right, logically activity confirmation should be done only after GRN, but in my case client want some validation so that no one can accomplish GRN process before activity confirmation.

This is so because of co-ordination gap between PS user and MM user.

Please help

Regards,

Pabak Rout

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<<<but in my case client want some validation so that no one can accomplish GRN process before activity confirmation.>>>

I assume that you wanted, no one can process GRN after confirmation of an activity?.

Is this right.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

<<<<<I assume that you wanted, no one can process GRN after confirmation of an activity?.

Is this right >>>>

No one can process GRN before activity Confirmation.

Regards,

Pabak Rout

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To control GRN w.r.t. activity confirmation you can go with user status configuration for your network/network profile.

But as Sudhakar has mentioned above,it is not logical to confirm activity before GRN. Do you mean PCNF (partial confirmation)?

I am interested to know why you want this validation,kindly let us know the business logic behind it.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your requirement is confusing... generally speaking confirmation of an activity would be set after all the GR etc completed and not before.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Yes you are completely right, logically activity confirmation should be done only after GRN, but in my case client want some validation so that no one can accomplish GRN process before activity confirmation.

This is so because of co-ordination gap between PS user and MM user.

Please help

Regards,

Pabak Rout