Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPs and subsidiaries

anais_jaussaud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have got a general question about the business partner, using CRM7.

Our client has multi subsidiaries that can have common client.

However, each subsiadiries want to have access to their personnal data of their client and should not be able to see the data of other subsidiaries (even on the same client).

Some of the characteristics might be generic (and thus visible for all subsidiaries), others not (and thus visible for each of the concerned subsidiaries).

Would you know a solution to deal with that situation in standard SAP?

Thank you for your help,

Regards,

Anaïs JAUSSAUD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anais,

For the same BP if you want access restriction then you can restrict group of fields (belonging to each subsidiaries)  easily using UI Configuration for different subsidiaries (which will use different business role). Let me know if its of any help or better provide an example.

Regards,

Shobhit

anais_jaussaud
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shobhit,

Thank you for your anwser.

However, we only have one business role to configure for our client's requirement. In fact, all subsidiaries will log on to the same business role as all functionnalities and processes are the same.

Would you have any other ideas on how to deal with the BPs configuration?

Thank you for your help,

Regards,

Anaïs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anaïs,

To differentiate the data system needs some identifier from the user group (subsidiaries), in SAP CRM business role concept (role config key ideally) does provide the same. So even if subsidiaries uses same functionality and follow same process still you can use business roles and achieve your requirement in a standard and simpler way.

Also if you take a broader view the business might ask for similar differentiation for other objects like transaction etc in future, in that case also business role will help you.

There is another access restriction feature in CRM called ACE but it won't be useful in your scenario as it works on object level but you are looking for access restriction within an object.

Regards,

Shobhit

anais_jaussaud
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Shobhit,

Indeed, ACE will not help for our requirement.

I'll have a deeper look into different business role and see if I can apply it to our case.

Regards,

Anaïs

Answers (0)