cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime Error during ODS Activation: UNCAUGHT_EXCEPTION, Exception - CX_PARAMETER_INVALID_RANGE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was trying to activate an ODS while loading the data from a FlatFile using SAP BW 7.4.

The Data was loaded completely in correct format in the PSA and also into the New Data and Change log tables in the ODS.

But when trying to activate the ODS, it shows me an error.

The description of the RunTime exception is :

"An exception has occurred which is explained in more detail below. The exception is assigned to class 'CX_PARAMETER_INVALID_RANGE' and was not caught

in procedure "GET_NEXT_PACKAGE" "(METHOD)", nor was it propagated by a RAISING clause. Since the caller of the procedure could not have anticipated this exception, the current program was terminated.

The reason for the exception is: Parameter has invalid value: Parameter IM_TEMPERATURE has invalid value 01011900."

Can you please help me solving this issue?

Thanks,

Bhaskar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

I have the same problem here, but there's another way to show the activation log of the DSO:

- Click on DSO Manage

- DO NOT click on the log button on the Requests list. Here we get the dump!

- Click on the Activate button at the bottom of the screen

- Click on Logs button

- Select your red request and click on Application Log button, then on the next screen press F8

- Now you can see the logs for your activation errors. Probably an error with invalid characteres or something related.

kohesco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can Bel is correct it is data relevant!, the error value looks like a date, so something is wrong qua type.

Grtz

Koen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

Try note 1939260  .

Regards,

Firat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Firat,

this note solved the error.. after click doesn´t dump.. but the log doesn´t appear anyway.. 😞

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally it is related with data, this kind of error are linked with the data involved always or in the 99%. Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhaskar,

The message seems to be soft clear, and near of a bad value format, a parameter bad informed.

"Parameter has invalid value: Parameter IM_TEMPERATURE has invalid value01011900" Try to pass a "0" in order to know if this is the parameter or field. And check the Data Type spected.

Regards