Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP: SD user-exits - custom fields using from KNVV or VBAK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a technical question.

I've created some custom fields in table KNVV. The values of these custom fields have to be used during Sales Order creation/modification for determining materials or princing, in sales order user-exits.

My question is:

During the Sales Order creation/modification, in the userexits:

Is it preferable to get directly the values of the custom fields from KNVV?

OR

Is it preferable to transfer values of the custom fields from KNVV to VBAK (which was extended with the same custom fields like KNVV...) with transfer data, and then use only VBAK?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Have a nice day!

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anderton,

I would prefer moving them to VBAK and then using it. Why?

1. Once you have queried KNVV and moved it to VBAK you do not have to perform the select again.

2. During SO change, you already have the data in VBAK so you do not have to fetch again from KNVV.

3. Lets say the Z field was changed on KNVV after creation of SO and if your requirement is to use the Z field content when the SO was created, you cannot go back to KNVV since the data is changed. But if the same was stored in VBAK, you do not have that problem.

Thanks,

Vikram.M

madhu_vadlamani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anderton,

There wont be any issue. What fields yo added in KNVV .

Regards,

Madhu.

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Other question is when you can create one SO from other SO, if there is a change in KNVV, you must decide what do you prefer, copy the zz-field from the SO origin or from KNVV. If you prefer the first option, you have to check the copy rules in VTAA and check the VOFM subroutines.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo