Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass BODS job parameters as HAVA View parameters

sergey_sheremet
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I use HANA Calculation View as Data Source and need to pass BODS job's parameters into Calculation View parameters. I have tried to use SQL Transformation with code like this (see below) but it doesn't work.

select RRCTY, RYEAR, FISCAL_PERIOD as POPER, FISCAL_YEAR_PERIOD, RBUKRS, RACCT, RCNTR, WBS, RZZPERNR, PLEVEL, ROW, MEASURE, REP_ID

from SOURCE_1.DIM_EMPLOYEE as emp

inner join "_SYS_BIC"."packeage/CalcView" (PLACEHOLDER."$$IP_SNAPSHOT_TIMESTAMP$$" => {$IP_SNAPSHOT_TIMESTAMP}, PLACEHOLDER."$$IP_REP_ID$$" => {$IP_REP_ID}) as mce1

on emp.EMPLOYEE_CHAR = mce1.RZZPERNR

How can I pass job parameters into HANA Calculation View from BODS?

Thank you!

--

With best regards,

Sergey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

There's nothing wrong with your theory, it will work as all Data Services is doing is constructing an SQL string as passing it to HANA.  Which version of HANA are you using?  The PLACEHOLDER syntax changed slightly, however I suspect you are missing some single quotes around your parameter values.

Get the SQL working succesfully via the HANA Studio (or hdbsql) then reverse engineer the parameterised statement for the SQL transform.

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, the PLACEHOLDER. (fullstop) syntax is for SQLScript use, you should be using PLACEHOLDER = (equals) syntax externally.

select ... from CV1( 'PLACEHOLDER' = ('$$param$$' = '''VAL1'',''VAL2'',''VAL3''')

See the HANA Modelling Guide for more information.

Michael

sergey_sheremet
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thank for reply. At the end of all investigations, the final expression is:

with parameters ('PLACEHOLDER'= ('$$IP_SNAPSHOT_TIMESTAMP$$' ,{$IP_SNAPSHOT_TIMESTAMP}), 'PLACEHOLDER'=('$$IP_REP_ID$$', {$IP_REP_ID}))

Thanks again, Michael

Answers (0)