Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linking country specific COA's to operational COA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have the following requirement

I have 3 company codes all in different countries.I am using one operational COA and two country specific COA's.My requirement is to link the other two country COA's to my operational COA.

Please correct me on this

I think the  above assignment can be done in tcode ob62.If so, how to link the G/L accounts of the different country COA's to the operational COA?

I know that operational and country COA have one-one relationship from an alternate account number perspective in FS00.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I Don't find any issue to assign two country COA's to two different company codes. If you check OB62 transaction, there assignment is at company code level. Country/Alternative COA assignment always take place at company code level. Also if you find any error when you assign accounts to operating accounts, probably you receive FH 022 error message, this can be changed to warning message through OBA5.

Rgds

MBN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali

Thanks for the reply.

Yes,through OB62 tcode the two country COA's can be linked to the operational COA.But my requirement is regarding linking the G/L accounts in FS00 .The alternate account number field is a 1:1 mapping.I can link only one country COA account with the operational COA account.I need to link the accounts of both the country COA's to the operational COA. Is this possible in FS00?

Regards

Sushanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushanth,

As per my understaniding, for your two company codes you want maintain country chart of accounts, if yes,you can maintain respective company code wise and you can map the country chart of accounts in the fsoo, though you have same opertional chart of accounts also for two company codes.

Regards

Dileep

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm saying that this is possible, you link the alternative account to operational account  in company code view and not in coa view right? Then where is the issue? Rgds MBN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushanth,

As per my understanding of your requirement  this can be possible with GROUP CHART OF ACCOUNTS .

Create group chart of account at OB13 and assign it in OB13 for operation chart of account that can be valid for all the tree countries.

that will result in our FS00  first screen i;e type n description tab as group number.

Hope this will resolve your issue.

Thanks,

Naveen n anji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen

In my scenario all the company codes use the same operating COA. My understanding is that group COA is used only when the company codes use separate operating COA's and group COA is used to generate reports at the corporate group level by consolidating all the operating COA's.

Is there a way to link the G/L accounts of the two country COA's to the same operating COA account?

Regards

Sushanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, we use the alternative account number field for the mapping and it is a 1:1 map.

Regards

Sowmya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowmya

The alternate account number field is a 1:1 mapping.I can link only one country COA account with the operational COA account.I need to link the accounts of both the country COA's to the operational COA. Is this possible in FS00?

Regards

Sushanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushanth

Alternative account number is at the company code level data for G/L account masters. I dont see the reason why you cannot assign this.

Say you have company codes A and B with operational G/L as 1. For company code A, in the G/L account master for 1, enter alternative account number C1 which is for country COA1 and for company code B, in the G/L account master for 1, enter alternative account number C2 which is for country COA2.

Please let me know if I have not understood the problem correctly.

Regards

Sowmya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushanth,

In order to link Country GL account to Operation GL account, you can define it in FS00.

It means, when you created Operation GL account by tcode FS00, in Control Data tab, you fill the Country GL account in field Alternative account no.

Julie