cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: IDOC type XXXX is not the same as source system IDOC type XXXX

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know we have many posts with this topic. I couldn't find solution to my issue.

we performed system copy on BW system and trying to connect to source system. When I do "Restore" in RSA1 I get this error.

All post steps are performed, ran BDLS (both source & target sys), RFC recreted, partner profiles adjusted....also looked at OSS :886102.

Entries in table RSBASIDOC for BIDOCTYP doesn't match for BW and source system. I see the difference for message type RSSEND in partner profile.

After doing some research I decided to create a new(with name as as in BW) IDOC type for RSSEND in source system. I was able to create it succesfully but when I try to assign it to RSSEND in "EDIMSG" using sm30 it prompts to create transport and I dont want to do that(also tried making change in SCC4, changes without recording..no luck) as it is a QA system.

Can someone please suggest if I have any other option that I can try...

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Issue resolved. I edited the table entry RSBASIDOC for BIDOCTYP with debug mode and ran the restore again.

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to check and change the source/target names as you need.

Table - RSLOGSYSMAP(table need to have source and target names)

Go to BW server, T code - RSA1--> Menu Tools-->Conversion of logical system names and

Asgnmnt of source system to source system id.

by using above two options we can assign source name properly.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ramanjaneyulu. I have already made these changes.

Finally I created new IDOC type and assigned to EDIMSG. Also made the change to RSSEND in we20 but still got the same error. When I looked at the table RSBASIDOC for BIDOCTYP the entries still doesn't match to both source and target systems.

Does anybody know how to edit BIDOCTYP in source system?