cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

role assignment request

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys,

In my scenario, roles are given to end users by their manager. The thing that I'm really confused of, is that the manager should only see users that are part of his team in order to assign them roles.     

I saw it's possible to set up restriction at manage tab level by modifying the MX_PERSON entry type but I'm not sure if it's well adapted  for a manager / user restriction.

I know it's possible to set up "access control" on the assign role task but manager will still see people that are not in his team.

Have you ever been though that kinf of requirement? do you have ideas?

Thanks!!

guillaume

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do it. You can restrict it based on an attribute of the user who can only see objects with the same attribute.  It's usually used for company level filtering.  I would hesitate to even think about setting it up for small groups of users - that way lies a world of pain I think.

On the Entry Type > General tab, look for search attribute / user attribute.  The help on this is ... somewhat helpful for setting it up.

Peter

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers!!

I did as you told me.

I use the MX_FS_PERSONNEL_NUMBER_OF_MANAGER attributes as search attribute and MX_FS_PERSONNEL_NUMBER as user attribute. In that way, it allows a manager to see only people from its team.

But it's quite rigid and it becomes really hard to set up a more complexe filter (for example, see the all hierarchy under a given manager)

Thank you!

guillaume

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guillaume,

Please have a look at this

~ Krishna.