cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIRO - deactivate direct posting to GL / material acct for selected company codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement to deactive direct posting to G/L and material accounts in MIRO, however, only for selected company codes (this cannot be done for all of them on client level in SPRO->Material Management->Logistic Invoice verification->Incoming Invoice -> Activate direct posting to GL/ Material accounts).

The thing is that for those company codes, MIRO posting has to be made always with Purchase Order Reference.

My idea is to build simple validation rule:

if company code is equal to (SET) and Purchase Order Reference is empty then error message should appear: "Posting without PO reference not allowed"

I was also thinking on creating own layout in MIRO and assign it to clerks which are responsible for posting in those company codes.

Can you advise on that, please?

Best regards,

Lukasz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I struggle to create validation in GGB0:

Prerequisite

(BKPG-BUKRS = BR11) and ( SYST-TCODE = "MIRO')

Check:

(BSEG-SAKNR = ' ' OR BSEG-MATNR = ' ' )

Message (if check not fulfilled):

No direct postings possible to GL/ Material in selected Company Code

Aim is to prevent direct posting for selected company codes. This validation is however, not called by the time of posting in MIRO.

former_member604117
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lukasz,

I have the same issue. Could you please describe how  do you restrict it to certain company codes

Regards

John.

former_member604117
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Is this not possible ?

0 Kudos

You can include the Company Code in the prerequisite.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think your intention is to restrict user not to post GL directly for certain co.codes that inturn you want to control them to post with PO reference only i.e. not to post them amount more than PO amount. try to control in SET TOLARANCE LIMITS for value of PO and maintain error message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnareddy,

thanks for your inputs.

It is so up to some point. Aim is to have always PO reference when posting with MIRO, because this leads through approval stage. In case you post without PO ref, then no approval is required.

The solution in here is going to be temporary. After sometime, we will introduce approvals for MIRO direct GL/material posting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr.Lukasz Baczyk,

Then try for substitution by maintaining company code and t-code provide exit U300 to abaper to write code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishnareddy,

could you be little more specific, please?

Let me know if I do understand correctly your proposal:

Create substitution rule:

• T.Code: MIRO
  • selected Company Codes
  • to provide user exit U300

What does U300 do? Would it substitute layout for MIRO and selected company codes? Please help me to understand the functionality.

former_member222241
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of creating layouts

1. Why don't you control through authorization i.e. don't give authorization to post that G/Ls or .

2. Why don't you put tick to on Post automatically only ?

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

Thanks for your reply.

Answering your questions:

1. The thing is that these GLs are being posted with other transactions.

2. My concern is that after the document is parked and while editing user will delete PO reference, it can be any GL account picked in "GL tab" of MIRO transaction. My understanding is that I should put tick on "Post automatically only" on all the GL accounts which users are able to use (correctly or not) in that case.

My aim in this configuration is to restrict those posting in such way that users are not allowed to use them - and this is only in regards to MIRO transaction.

former_member222241
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then restrict ar authorization evel.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question is if I can restrict this at authorization level for below conditions:

• MIRO Transaction Code only (for other T.Codes it should still be possible)
  • selected Company Codes

Another idea crossed my mind. Would it be possible to put company code specific restriction in MIRO itself?