cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

country list dropdown search by first letter doesn't work for some countries in the list

former_member1003269
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have this issue with the country list search in Travel Request with the drop down list when user is trying to choose the country by entering the first letter say C for Canada (finds Canada in the list) it works for the countries from A to O  and  doesn't work from P to Z.

It is NW7.31 portal

What seems to be the problem ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

This sounds like a web dynpro issue Denis, what SP level do you have for 731 and which browser? If you call the iview from SE80 and test from the backend is there the same behaviour?

I remember exactly the same issue was fixed by the BC-WD-ABA-REN (rendering) notes in an earlier version but would be interesting to know your SP version.

Kind regards

Sally

former_member1003269
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

we are on

SAP_BASIS 731  sp 009

SAP ABA  731   009

SAP_HR  604  sp 0065

EA-HR  606 sp 0027

EA-APPL 606  sp 009

Any specific area to check ?

IE version  8.0.7601

I checked from SE80 exactly the same behavior. Do you think it is WD issue?

Thanks,

Denis

former_member1003269
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

I found this note 1520507. I will test if this helps and let you know

Thanks,

Denis

0 Kudos

Hi Denis

Looking at your SP levels, you probably have this note implemented already, I remember seeing exactly this issue a couple of years back but the rendering notes from 701 fixed it in that instance.

Most recently note 1825661 fixed a similar reported issue but you already have this! I'd suggest check with your basis team as usually the latest WD rendering notes will fix issues like this. If still not working, take a http watch trace and would probably suggest opening an OSS ticket in FI-TV.

Incidentally, I tested this in our EH6 test system, I couldnt replicate the same behaviour, which leads me to think the rendering notes are the potential solution. but also do you have seperate country/region field or are the two combined?

thanks

Sally

former_member1003269
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

first of all thank you very much for your help !

We have one field for region/country. I asked basis to check if we have 1825661 implemented.

Could you please  list couple of rendering notes as a reference.

Thanks,

Denis

0 Kudos

Hi Denis

Get them to take a look at this wiki page:

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/x/2oQCFQ

It lists the latest notes for your basis version and the notes are usually cumulative which means if you apply the latest notes, it will bring in the pre-requisites and earlier notes too.

Hope it helps you Denis.

Sally

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Denis Tchastikov wrote:

Hi Sally,

we are on

SAP_BASIS 731  sp 009

SAP ABA  731   009

SAP_HR  604  sp 0065

EA-HR  606 sp 0027

EA-APPL 606  sp 009

Any specific area to check ?

IE version  8.0.7601

I checked from SE80 exactly the same behavior. Do you think it is WD issue?

Thanks,

Denis

Hi Denis,

I'm on NW AS 7.03 ABAP Stack 731 Level 8, ECC 606 (EHP 6) with SAP_HR 604 Level 69 and EA_HR 607 (HR-Renewal 1) Level 20 and we're using IE 7. So... my basis is even lower than yours and I can access every country in the dropdown-ui via keyboard. We'll probably be upgrading to a higher basis stack in early May, I'll keep an eye on the problem you describe and post here again if we face it as well after the patching.

Cheers, Lukas

former_member1003269
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Lukas, It might help other people with similar problem too.

Denis

former_member1003269
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sally,

I opened OSS. The possible solution is to implement following notes.

The note 1992591 is a key one for this issue, same note is on this page you have sent me earlier http://wiki....

Please implement the following SAP notes with its pre-requisites in
the following order:
1920122, 1957998, 1982456, 1992591
Please be informed that the UR notes are rather big (size-wise not
change-wise) and should not
be implemented altogether only with its pre-requisites - in case snote
has a problem to apply them all in a sequence -
(it has quite a few prerequisites) don´t go ahead -> check again note
Then try again to apply them if you still have issues during the processof applying the UR notes (e.g. memory warnings - such as
TSV_NEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED -> see note 1563641 )-> and/or come back and
we would divide it up into smaller pieces.

Thanks Denis

0 Kudos

Hi Denis

Yep, thats as I expected that the Web Dynpro colleagues would come back with the latest rendering notes! I've actually just taken up a new role within SAP otherwise it probably would have been me that got the incident you opened initially

Hope the notes fix it for you.

good luck

Sally

0 Kudos

Hi Lukas

It could be down to the browser too, you might find if you patch later on that with 731 some issues are introduced with IE, especially with the higher versions so always keep a check on the wiki page I mentioned in the earlier reply as invariably the latest rendering notes fix it. 731 was quite buggy with IE compatibility across all the applications such as E-Rec and FI-TV and elsewhere in ESS.

good luck!

Sally

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Denis.

just wanted to tell you we recently upgraded to Basis Stack Level 9 and now have the exact same Problem. So it's indeed a problem with the unified rendering and not a browser issue or something else.

I'll try implementing the Notes you put down in your last post.

EDIT: aaaaand it did the trick! I.e. WDA UR Corrections on Patchlevel 11 #5. Very nice! 🙂

Cheers, Lukas

Message was edited by: Lukas Weigelt

Answers (0)