cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

converting single-source to multi-source universe in IDT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We recently migrated from BO3.1 to BI4.0 SP6. We have a universe (.UNV) and few reports built on it. Now we got a requirement from client which requires to pull data from another database along with the existing database for this universe. So we decided to convert the universe to .UNX format inorder to use the capability of multi-source in IDT.

I did some googling and found that we cannot convert a single-source universe to multi-source. We have do built the universe from scratch. Is this correct? Please suggest.

If we have to create the multi-source universe from scratch, can we later point the existing reports to this universe. Will the reports work if we do so.

Any suggestions in this regard are much appreciated.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI GUYS - KEEP TWO META DATA STRUCTURE NO JOIN FROM ONE TO ANOTHER

GO TO WEBI QUERY PANEL - UNION - MERGE DIMENSION IF REQUIRED JOIN

KINDLY SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS

former_member193452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thirumalai,

Please start a new thread in Webi forum.

Jacqueline

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK

former_member193452
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

The Multi-source universe can only be created at the time the data foundation is created.  No Single Source Universes can be converted into a multi-source universe.

A multi-source universe should only be created if necessary to combine data sources as there are complexities and performance compensations that are given for this feature.

It is possible to still create two universes and join the data providers on the webi report.

If you decide to create a new Mul-source universe.  You can indeed repoint the webi reports to the new universe. 

It is a manual process of opening each report and selecting the new universe.

I would also suggest that the patch level be up to date.  There were some issues with this early on.

Hope this helps!

Jacqueline

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ..Can you tell me what is the source.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...Both the sources are Oracle database