cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content player config change in Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using the " http://<J2EE-server><port>/lms/mediator/config"  to change the client  settings of the content player of existing congig  and i observe it was disabled.

We are trying to find out where the config will be stored and not able to navigate where to check.

Please suggest where i can change the settings for the existing client in config URL.

I am able to create and delete the new one but existing connection is giving the issue.

Thanks,

Subhash.G

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure whether I understand the question. The Content Player configuration is stored in the database of the AS JAVA where LSOCP is deployed. Whenever you change the configuration, a restart is required. See SAP note 746917 for details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the above image  you should have observed client filed is  not editable... , i am trying to change the client to point to new client  where testing is going on and not able to succeed.

Please suggest where we can find config to edit it.

Thanks,

Subhash.G

Former Member
0 Kudos

The client nor the SID can be changed once they are set. That is default behavior. You will have to create a new configuration.

The following piece of code in function setInitialCheck() of configpanel.jsp is responsible for making the fields non-editable:

disableElement("<%=CFGPARAMS.R3_NAME%>", true);

disableElement("<%=CFGPARAMS.R3_CLIENT%>", true);

I wouldn't change it though, the underlying application probably can't handle the change of client or SID.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply,  we tried to delete the config anf that was not possible.

Pelase suggest any process to delete

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean by "that was not possible", e.g. the Delete link wasn't enabled, didn't do anything (it should display a popup prompting for confirmation) or it returned an error message? What error message? Can you try to create a new configuration and when you have confirmed it works then delete the old one?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When we try to delete nothing is happeing not a popup or error, I am able to create new config and delete it successfully.

The old one i am not able to edit client and SID fields, i can change the user info.

Thanks,

Subhash.G

michael_lehmann
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are facing the same issue.

We did a systemcopy (AS Java 7.31).

Do you have a solution?